GH: February Discussion Thread

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guza hasn't had an original thought in over a decade, and this was such a crappy, lame version of Clink-Boom.

You would think that the one great moment that he is usually given credit for, he would know better than to try to recreate, but alas, he did and it failed. It didn't have any of the emotional impact or shock-value or anything at all.

That was one of the few good things that Guza ever did

Also, what a weird wedding. People just kept randomly walking out and leaving.

• Members

Kristina IS going to marry Ethan someday. Mayan have no future.

I'm glad Shawn isn't dead. His future is with Carly. I might like Carly more if she and Shawn were a couple.

The actor who plays Shawn needs to be put on contract. Haley Pullos needs to be on contract, too.

• Members

Unpopular opinion as it may be, I liked the wedding. VM and MB really clicked in all their scenes, the way they interacted with family, friends and each other was natural and unforced, they felt like "Sonny and Brenda" to me, a finally matured Sonny & Brenda (well apart from that machine gun laugh). I was surprised how present Maurice Benard was in his scenes without hogging the airtime. He played Sonny as calm and happy, as if he were finally truly content and fulfilled for the first time in his life.

And there was a scene with Alexis being forced to stand with all the bridesmaids for the bouquet throw which felt entirely ad-libbed -- and all the better for it. Even though Mo referred to her chesticals as her "puppies." :lol: Everybody seemed to be giggly and kidding around. It added some much needed lightness to the show which we don't get very often. Even the "humor" as written is heavy and monotonous.

The last 2 minutes of the show -- yeah, it was the laziest Clink-Boom retread I've ever seen. Alexis and Jax clinking champagne glasses actually made me cringe. Abby and Michael kissing was ok in of itself but was absolutely meaningless in the context of the montage -- in the original Clink-Boom, Jax and Brenda's kiss/champagne clink was loaded with bittersweet coincidence.

And Brenda better not be dead! Sigh.

Archived