GH: February Discussion Thread

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As deserved! And on both accounts, especially her win in 2009...IMO she did AMAZING work in 2008. I will never forget that courtroom scene that she submitted, also when Lulu was in Shady Brooke? JMB put her all into it every day. I honestly never understand when people say it's a joke that she won 2 Emmys...

I always say this in these threads LOL but I loved GH Summer 2008 with Lulu & Johnny on the run. Seriously, these two were my DRUG! That is the last time I really loved GH ;-). When Lulu & Johnny were ripped apart from each other and Lulu was put in that strait jacket, that was just one of the most gripping scenes to me...soapboy I am SMDH @ you saying JMB can't cry or emote...

As for her win in 2010, I think she deserved that as well, the Johnny/Lulu break up scenes were well done & she did a great job, plus look who she was up against & what their material was...lol. Now for this year? I have to say I don't think she should be nominated. I feel she has sort of dwindled in the acting department lately...she has not been doing to hot to me, which I find very unfortunate. She's not the same...

wub.gif I just love him, he's seriously one of my favorite people in the world ever. Great to see him back!

That was just painful to watch...

Only persons reaction I really felt was Jax's...I lol'd when Sonny said "YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW THAT!"

Glad to see some SHARLY love in this thread wub.gif

• Members

This was a good GH, but I just don't understand how they got Brenda out of the car. I can only think trap door in the floor over a manhole cover. I saw that on Batman once, Frank Gorshin traveled by sewers.

Great to see Franco again, but weird pictures he has of himself in almost coquettish poses. I wish GH had the nerve to see Franco fantasy sequences with Jason.

Jax was good, but if he loved Brenda so much to be the only one other than Sonny to be screaming, why didn't he fight for her instead of trying to placate his wife--a wife who cheated on him regularly? Further to my Kristina comment from the other day, Ethan takes all the kids away so they shouldn't be around anything traumatic or adult, and did Kristina register in any way more mature or adult than Molly and Morgan? Which brings me to Patrick. So while Ethan is telling all the kids they have to go, Patrick is telling his adult not quite ex-wife she has to go. And she listens no less! I would have said "And who are you? I am over 21. Go @#$% Yourself." and gone right back out to be with Sonny and Brenda.

What else..Edward seemed a little too calm. Steve Burton was his usual one-note self. Tony Geary had some almost commedia dell arte style physical acting pantomiming "concern" for Sonny. It reminded me of the OTT acting you see on WWE when they want to convey anger or whatever.

• Members

I'm sorry, but Kirsten Storms should have one in 2009. The funeral scenes alone rip my heart out every time. Yes, I was very sad to see what they had done to Felicia, but Kirsten played the hell out of it. Not to mention, the rest of the storyline. She played the heartbroken sister to perfection. It was the one time on GH we really saw her abilities, and I'm sorry but IMO she was far superior to PsychoLulu, though at the time I liked that storyline as well.

Archived