ALL: Oprah-Are You The Biggest Soap Opera Fan?

• Members

He is? Really?! That just makes me all the sadder that Travis wasn't there for Bianca's coming out and everything since. Binks has always needed her father. Not her UncleDaddy Jack (who I love) but her father. Travis would be a really good part of the Kane-Montgomery extended family. Can you imagine what kind of hell he'd be handing Jack these days?

Don't pity him. He's drug free and still alive. I intend to drop ABC a letter asking them to bring him back. It won't change anything but regardless of how coked-up he was, MN's Dimitri was a million times better than anything Frons keeps trying to train us with.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So very true - I wish he were still around. Not sure why they decided to kill him offscreen, but it was 2000 - the same year that Bianca came out. I think that played into the whole storyline (reason Bianca came back to PV for good, right?). Also, I remember he was in heaven in 2001, welcoming Gillian in... but he also reached out to Bianca and Erica. So I guess they did the best they could?

• Members

I don't think it was worth killing Travis off just to bring Bianca to PV. They could have come up with something else.

I remember the scenes where Bianca was bereft in the park and GhostTravis was looking on. That was one of those little moments which made the horrific Gillian-shot-in-head story more bearable.

• Members

LOL, I mean, to each his own, I just don't see how anyone could hate on Chaka SuLu. :lol: I feel like all of her potentially annoying qualities* are so utterly harmless and endearing.

*Only one really, for always being so "on" (and fibbing about her beauty "management" :P ), but I think most of us are tickled by that.

• Members

I totally understand how someone could hate SuLu and especially Erica. I'm beyond tired of watching Erica act like a 17-year-old trying to figure out whether she wants to go to prom with the captain of the football team or the rebel in the leather jacket. but I Love Lucci. She's one of the hardest working soap actors ever, she's a promotion machine and she's shameless in a good way. She's perfectly aware of how silly this can all seem and she uses it. Of course, a lot of her popularity is due to luck, the luck of losing out on the Emmy year after year. She turned that into an asset. (Anybody else remember her Sweet & Low commercial?). Sure, when it comes to acting I'll take Debbi Morgan over her in a hot second but when it comes to knowing your brand and making the most of it, she's a tiny white Oprah.

Mark my words, she will end up with a show on OWN.

Archived