All: Who could be next to quit/be fired?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll do two lists for each ABC show, for those I think could possibly go and those I think should possibly go if each soap wants to get rid of more characters:

AMC-"Could Possibly Go" Frankie, Randi, Brot, Krystal, Jack or Caleb, maybe New Bianca. And this is possibly a really unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't miss Tad if they got rid of him

AMC"Should Possibly Go" Randi, Krystal (though I am usually a fan of hers) Brot(though I like him) Colby, Asher, Jack or Caleb.

I am usually a fan of Krystal, but she hasn't had much to do in a while and there really isn't much they can do with the character. She's barely on, so I think if they have to get rid of more people, that she should be one of the characters that should go. Brot I like but once Natalia leaves, I don't really see them doing anything with him. So I think he could/should go if TPTB is looking to get rid or more characters.

I think that Randi should have been gone a long time ago. I would like to see them keep Frankie, but I could see him going as well. I like New Colby, but I think that her and Asher could end up being dull together. Especially with her TNBC style dramatics and his "dude" attitude. Asher's cute but he's not the strongest actor. The show doesn't really need either one of them right now IMO. In a couple of years AMC could have a large brand new teen scene if they soras all/most of the small children that are around now. They can just get rid of the teen scene until maybe then.

I think that either Jack or Caleb could or should go. If Krystal leaves,then one of them is going to end up without a love interest. I think that the writers can just pick whichever one they want with Erica, and plan to keep that guy with Erica for a while. And maybe get rid of the other guy.

I think that New Bianca could go either way. They might try and keep her around for a while longer, but I don't really think she's needed right now, since she really doesn't do anything. I wouldn't miss Tad if they got rid of him, he's been unenjoyable to watch for quite some time now IMO.

• Members

OLTL-"Could Possibly Go"- Inez, Christian, Brody, Marty, Kelly, Aubrey, Joey

OLTL "Should Possibly Go"- Inez, Christian (though I like him) Ford(though I don't see him going anywhere)Aubrey (after her scheme is revealed)

If OLTL has to cut more people, I think that Inez should be the first person to go. I don't think there is really much of a purpose for her on the show. I like Christian, but the writers haven't done much with him in a long time. And with Blair probably getting romantically involved with Tomas and Layla cheating on him, and probably never returning long term, I don't see the writers doing much with him. So I think he could/should go.

I think that Aubrey could/should go, because I don't really see her doing anything interesting after her scheme with Cutter is revealed. I don't even think what she's doing now is interesting.

I think that Ford should go, especially since Langston is leaving, though I don't think he will go anywhere. I think it's possible that Marty, Kelly, Joey and Brody could go. I think there's a chance that Brody might definitely go, especially if Ford ends up being the father of Jessica's baby. But I would rather keep Brody than Ford.

• Members

GH-"Could Possibly Go" Lisa, Edward, Maya, Claire, Steven, Johnny, Olivia, Matt, Mac, Nic, Brook Lynn, Epiphany, Monica, possibly Spinelli

GH-"Should Possibly Go" Lisa, Claire, Steven or Johnny, (whichever one isn't paired with Oliva if she stays), Spinelli (though I could see him staying around) Epiphany

I think there is a long list of characters that could be cut from GH. I think that if GH needs to cut more people, that Lisa should be among the first to go. I think that she should have been gone. Her scheming against Robin/Patrick has gotten beyond old, and I don't see any man wanting her besides maybe Johnny. (I could see Terrell eventually developing real feelings for Robin) I think that Claire should go as well. I liked her and thought she had potential, but she really hasn't been doing much, I don't think she really serves much of a purpose on the show.

With Liz leaving, I think that Steven could/should go as well, he really has no connections left on canvas, besides Liz's kids, who aren't really old enough to have much of a storyline with him. Steven might be saved if they decide to keep Olivia and pair him with her. I think that Johnny should/could go, because he really doesn't have a lot to do except threaten Sonny sometimes. Epiphany I think could/should go because she doesn't really do anything. I think that Spinelli should go, even though I think he could stay around.

I could see them getting rid of Maya, especially with the actress landing a role in the Charlie Angel's remake. I could also see them possibly getting rid of Monica, Edward, Matt and Mac. (Though I could see them keeping Mac around for Alexis.)

I think that Nik/Brook Lynn could go either way, but I think there have been rumors about Tyler leaving for quite some time now and he's still around. If he stays I could see them keeping Brook Lynn on as his love interest.

I've seen concern from people thinking Alexis, Jax and Tracy might get the ax. But I think that these three characters are safe for the time being. Alexis because someone has to raise Molly/Kristina. I don't see Kristina going to live with Sonny and Molly being sent to live with Ric anytime soon. Especially since Molly is now getting a storyline.

I think that Jax is safe, because he's really the only man currently on canvas that will put up with Carly's antics and be a love interest for her. I don't see the writers revisting Sonny/Carly anytime soon, and Jason doesn't want her romantically. So I think that Jax will be around so Carly can turn to him romantically, whenever she wants. And I think that Tracy is safe because of her connection to Luke. Even though she might be at risk if Genie Francis ever comes back.

• Members

Ken Corday cut Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn not just because of their enormous salaries -- he wanted to send a signal to the cast and crew that this was hardball, that nobody should feel safe and if you want to keep your job, you better accept reduced salaries and guarantees. So I really think nobody is safe if this rumored 50% budget cut is true. I wouldn't be surprised to see Geary and Elliot gone on GH, or Lucci on AMC.

• Members

Anthony Geary gets a hefty salary with minimal work. He should be the FIRST one up on GH's ax list especially since Luke hasnt been relevant or important to the canvas in a long time. I dont get why he still is on contract when he leaves for several weeks every couple of months. They should have dropped him down to recurring a long time ago

• Members

Exactly. They should have said "Hey, we'll still pay you. But we'll only pay you for the time you WORK. You'll still earn good money, you can vacation whenever you want...We're just not going to pay you for it."

If he said no to that, then it's time to write Luke out. I like Luke, but the show can survive without him for damn sure. He was only really relevant when with Laura in the first place. There could be a LOT done with him and Tracy, but the fact that he leaves the show more than he's on it, means there's not much story they can give him.

Epiphany...It's a hard call for me. I know she's unpopular here, but....I think Sonya Eddy is a good, capable actress. During the Stan/Heart-attack storyline I thought she knocked it out of the park. Another part is that she is just such a sweet person in real life, LOL. But I think if TIIC ever actually USED her, Epiphany could be very important to the cast.

But, they're not going to get rid of her. She's their only black contract member. For a while I wondered if they'd drop her to recurring at put Annie Ilonzeh (Maya) on contract, but with Annie possibly leaving....I think Sonya/Epiphany are safe.

• Members

I think Luke's outlived his usefulness years ago. I can't stand him and Tracy together, being in his orbit makes her unrecognizable.

I normally am not all for writing out core characters, but what does Luke add to the show? He never spends time with his grandkids and TG's comings and goings disrupt the flow of the show

• Members

Epiphany shouldn't be kept because she is the only black contract cast member. She does nothing and she should just be on recurring. I hope ABC has the balls to do some big firings, the only one I would be opposed to is Lucci on AMC or Strasser/Slezak on OLTL. I'd like OLTL to drop at least one of their so called leading men and for AMC to send Rylee packing.

And I don't know how reliable that Raven lady is but she said one ABC exec wants at least 3 of the Fords gone. I pray to god that she isnt making that up.

• Members

The thing is, I would rather GH cut actors like Laura Wright, Maurice Benard, Steve Burton and Kelly Monaco. Maybe they have longterm history with the show, but those are seriously characters that are burned OUT! Maybe they could come back in 6 months, a year, 2 years. But right now, they have written every single possible thing for the character. The only exception is Carly, who could have a relationship wtih her mother...But since TPTB won't go there, she should go.

I want to see them make ballsy moves like that. Cut the airhogs, and give the cheaper actors something to do. Jason Cook, SOnya Eddy, even Kirsten Storms and Jonathon Jackson. Keep using Robin, Patrick, etc. Bring back characters like Kelly and Lainey. Bring back people like Tiffany and Sean on recurring, so that would be cheaper.

Even if they're not willing to give them contracts, use characters like Monica and Bobbie as pillars for their family. If Genie's not coming back, let Nikolas, Lulu, and Lucky turn to Lesley and Bobbie for support. Let Monica be a support system for Maya, brook, even Kristina.

Incorporate Brook into the Q's. Bring back a new actor as Tom Hardy Jr, etc. All of those people would be cheap. But it would provide much needed energy to the show.

• Members

lol. I agree that Raven isn't very reliable. But if somehow this is actually true, than I am fine with it. The only Ford I like is James. I don't like Ford, and think that he should have been gone a while ago. I don't really see the purpose of him especially since Langston is leaving. I also don't think he should be made the father of Jessica's baby, even though I could see the writers maybe doing that.

If the writers want to continue the drama for Jessica/Natalie/John/Brody a while longer they can just have the truth about Nat/Brody come out and let people think that both babies are Brody's. (Even though I could ultimately see it revealed that John is really the father of Natalie's baby) There is enough drama in people believing that. There isn't any need to make Ford the father of her baby. I think that he should go, if they need to start cutting more people.

I don't really care for Nate either. And I think that Inez should go. The only Ford I wouldn't mind them keeping around is James, they can keep him around for Starr.

Archived