DAYS: Actor & Actress OUT for Real!

• Members

I have a feeling they'll recast, but if they do, they shouldn't revisit Philip and Chloe ever again. I don't even watch DAYS anymore but I was hoping they'd get back to them eventually with JKJ and Nadia both on the show again. Such a shame, I hate how soaps are missing opportunities left and right these days.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

why would the show ever write out Kate? Kate can do it all and always does. When they need someone to torment a romantic couple, there is Kate. When they need someone to cause trouble in the big family dynamic they have Kate. When they need someone to star in a cynical pairing that isn't true love who else but Kate can they call on? All they have to do is either bring back Lucas, or bring back another kid (and I guess Rex is on deck at this point) and the story begins again. She is in sports what is called a utility player, and that's why she glides effortlessly from Kiriakis shenanigans to DiMera fighting, to being mean to Chloe. They would get more hours of story out of bringing on a kid for Kate vs writing Kate out because she has no kids.

• Members

Shelley sounds like she is ready to go, so good luck to her. That was a gracious statement she made. I am really shocked about JKJ, though. He is the definitive Philip for me. Love him and am sad to see a Kiriakis legacy character leave.

I guess it is too much to hope that Days learns something from this? That they learn to cycle through SLs better and balance out their usage of the cast? Instead of punishing those who speak out constructively and look for better opportunities elsewhere? Because it royally sucks that three actors who stepped up and showed us how exciting they could be this past week or so are now gone from Days.

• Members

I don't think Hennig is leaving for lack of exposure. She's been onscreen and driving story (albeit in a supporting role) for a long while now. I think it's more of a "Been there, done that" thing.

As for JKJ -- I think this is one of those cases where the writers made the mistake of never centering the story on his character. Phillip has had a ton of story the past few years, and he's been onscreen a lot, and he's had some great scenes, but his role in the stories has always been secondary to other people. It probably all looked good on paper, but then in execution, it's like, "Oh wait, he's just repeating the same lines while other people get the real meat." Shame to lose him, but I really do think they need to recast because the character's connections to the canvas are too important. Also -- and this probably speaks to his lack of interest -- he often seems sort of bored or disconnected onscreen to me.

Archived