DAYS: Actor & Actress OUT for Real!

• Members

More DAYS Exits!

A week after Soap Opera Digest reported the news of Mark Hapka's (Nathan) ouster from Salem comes word that Shelley Hennig (Stephanie) and Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip) have both decided to leave the show. "It just feels right," says Hennig of why she's taking off after four years. "I have been preparing for this for awhile, so I have said my mental good-byes. I will miss the faces I see here every day, but everybody has been really encouraging and has embraced my decision.... I feel like I'm going out with a bang after last week's air shows and I feel great about it creatively and I am thankful to the writers for giving me that. It's been a lot of fun to play and I wouldn't change anything." Hennig's last tape date is February 2. Read more about it in the issue of Digest on sale February 1.

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I really liked Jay and Shelley. :( So since they're getting rid of 3/4 of the quad, please let Molly be next! But man what a waste of the last 2 years building this Philip/Mel/Nathan/Stef quad and having Philip be the father of Chloe's baby.

• Members

I think they're dating or they were.

So will Chloe go back with Daniel or will Broe be revisited?

I'm sad to see JKJ go but the writing for Philip has sucked for the past few years. The show really missed the boat with Philip/Belle. They could never find him a girl and make it stick. (Morgan/Stephanie/Chloe/Melanie)

• Members

I am sure they both left because of their characters being written like [!@#$%^&*] to prop up Melanie.

JKJ leaving is really shocking to me though since he signed a four year contract last year. I think they will probably re write the story and make Daniel the father of Parker if they dont recast Philip.

I am going to miss SH, but I understand she is leaving for bigger and better things.

I hope this means Melanie will miscarry.

• Members

I don't blame Jay for leaving. Ever since he came back he has gotten stories that were either dropped or rewritten.

1. January 2007 - May 2007. They were supposed to do a PTSD-story with Philip but we just saw him chase Shawn and Belle. Once Claire was brought home safe it was all dropped and Philip wasn't crazy anymore.

2. June 2007 - October 2007. Looking for Tyler only to give him up.

3. October 2007 - February 2008. Affair with Belle. Quadrangle with Philip, Belle, Shawn and Chloe. Writers strike came, Sheffer was out and Shawn and Belle were written off.

4. March 2008 - September 2008. Dock war with John, flirting with Morgan. Once Ed Scott was fired Morgan was written off and the Dock War was dropped.

5. Fall 2008. In comes Tomlin and Philip starts to interact with Stephanie and Melanie. There are news about Jay clearing his dressing room and leaving the set but after a few days it was said that he stays.

6. February 2009 - June 2009. War with DiMeras which is dropped after they settle a lame truce. Engagement with Stephane.

7. Summer 2009 - present. Very little I remember since it's been so boring. Philip slept with Melanie in a motel, Stephanie saw a video of it. And ever since then Philip's been stuck with Melanie.

Archived