GH: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This crash is an example of when a television show doesn't take full advantage of being a television show. No, I don't need to see a CGI bus crashing down a CGI ravine. Nor do I need to see a bunch of stunt performers in bad wigs hurling themselves across the soundstage. But, for the love of verisimilitude, at least have a crumpled up front end or chassis in sight... somewhere. My goodness! It looks like the mothership just beamed them down in the middle of snow.

I'll be as PC as I can... My eyes didn't react kindly to the old Morgan.

And I'll leave it at that. :)

• Members

I'm not judging the CGI. I'm just saying, they don't even need to do that, as far as I'm concerned. Just have set dressing that tells viewers "BUS CRASH!" Don't just have them passed out in the middle of the snow with no bus in sight and have characters say "BUS CRASH, CRASH, BUS CRASH, CRASH!" every other word in the script and think that's going to give the appearance of a bus crash.

They'd have been better off if they staged an avalanche.

• Members

You don't need special effects for a story like this. Frankly, the Good Times episode where Florida and the kids were stranded in the snow on a bus, or wherever, was more suspenseful. All you need to do is make viewers care, and GH struggles to do that.

• Members

In GH's defense it is almost impossible for GH to make the online audience care.

"All we see are Dante and Brenda!"

"Oh, a bus of these people? They're all expendable, don't care"

There is no way GH can win in trying to please the audience, so they are better off not trying and just doing the best show they can and hope it works out for the best.

• Members

It's not the bus crash that's bad. It could have pleased TONS of people. It's the cheap, gimmicky way they did it.

There's nothing wrong with the people on the bus. Are they all expendable? Yep. But they're just not DOING anything with bus crash. It just sort of...happened.

• Members

Unless that bus had an open convertible rooftop I'm still not understanding how everyone got launched out of it like that.

How the heck did Cameron not have any injuries of any kind? He had no blood on his body or injuries or anything?? I am glad he's ok but really, it looked like he was just on the snow and Steve woke him up from a nap.

How come Steve to the rescue didn't check poor Ali's head? Blood was gushing out of it and no one seemed to care! She was acting pretty strange, to. I think she'll die later on from that head injury.

How did Lucky not know that Cameron was on that trip? And how come no one called him or Elizabeth right away?? Wow!!

Poor Olivia, I hope she makes it. Loved her scenes with Steve.

Michael climbed up that mountain mighty fast. His body must have been in perfect shape after falling out of the sky. WTF.

Archived