GH: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then why do the stunt in the first place? If they shouldn't make people care, then it's a waste of time and resources.

They can easily make viewers care, but that might mean breaking out of the box that always has to revolve around the mob.

If anything, people might have been more involved if they thought those on the bus were expendable. Instead I think most viewers probably knew very quickly that no one important would die. So you have that crap version of Hallejulah and the Moldavia snow bodies for nothing. It's the type of hollow self-importance that has led to GH's ratings drop.

• Members

The entire episode was "Steven Webber, M.D." the mother with the young child tugging at theoretical heartstrings was Liz and Cameron. What mob? Who would have had to appear to make it non-mobular? Last week was heavy on Luke and Tracy/Ethan and Maya. This week it is Dr Steve and Olivia and the teens. Oh yeah, and Matt and Maxie.

• Members

I'm wondering if she is just referring to the death of a very minor character from a head injury (which has been widely reported and guessed already) and not a new one

hoping its a new one, to make at least one twist in this story!

• Members

I guess you missed that small part of the story where Carly and Jason are the first ones aware of the crash, report it and hop into the Mob Mobile to go up the mountain to rescue -- who? MORGAN who is missing. Everybody else is perfectly fine because, really, who'd care if they were missing? But Morgan -- the youngest child of the Mobster Corinthos -- is in peril because, apparently, that's what we're supposed to be invested in... according to GH.

• Members

I didn't see where everyone else if fine. Olivia, Matt, that friend of Kristina's... Of Course Carly is worried about Morgan, but the show made sure to get to Liz, Lucky, Dante. I am not invested in Morgan or Cameron or Dante, Olivia or Matt...I just watched the show and saw a rare episode that was not what people usually complain about, mob nonsense. And yet, that is what is being assigned to an episode about Dr Steve Webber on a mountain side with Cameron, Michael, Kristina, Molly, Maxie and Matt, and a few day players.

Who told you what you are supposed to be invested in? I just watched the story and came away with that while it wasn't thrilling, it was pretty harmless, and a nice change of pace seeing characters like Steve, Matt, and Molly, just like the other week was a nice change of pace seeing episodes about Luke, Tracy and Edward. And yet, despite two weeks of positively unmobular activity being showcased, the critique is "mob, mob, mob"?

As I said, GH can't please the online audience anyway, so perhaps there is no point in even trying.

• Members
The show tells us who/where we're supposed to invest through the writing and through the anvils that drop out of the sky that the Road Runner conveniently ducks and goes, "Beep, Beep." Just because the show TELLS us who we're supposed to care for, that doesn't mean we DO care about them.

And I just want to also point out that through Luke and Tracy's wedding(the planning and execution), we were still inundated with MOB MOB MOB with Sonny's proposal to Brenda, this stupid bullsh!t with the Balkan, and Carly's inane NBC Daytime plan to expose Dante. And let's not forget that Brenda spoiled THEIR wedding day by cackling on about her engagement to Sonny in the middle of the reception to Tracy(someone who hates them both for several reasons). That's not a "nice change." That's business as usual for Guza's GH. Tacky, inappropriate, and above all that, tastelessly and poorly written. What's so great about that?

Well, when there are passive drones such as yourself to watch, praise, and defend everything GH does(with your occasional, pathetic, blast-from-the-past exceptions/obsessions), why please the online contingent that wants better written characters and stories?

• Members

Exactly. These things were just mere backdrops for the Mobbies. All because what's going on in the background is more interesting doesn't mean the show's intention isn't to get you to focus on what's going on in the foreground.

And how only, like, three people are injured.

• Members

I just have to give a giant +1 to everything Bellcurve, R sinclair, and Cheap said.....You're all exactly right.

It looked like everyone was strategically placed in the snow for a Gap:Winter ad.

And I'm glad to know the bus drove it's self off to safety after they crashed. That's the only explanation as to why it's NOWHERE to be found.

Not to mention Michael took a quick sprint up a mountain after being thrown, seemingly, a hundred feet to an icy rock patch. Wish I rebounded that fast after being catapulted out of the sky. I fell off my bike last week and was too sore to walk up the stairs...Yet Michael was unphased.

This story makes NO SENSE.

Archived