OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 27

• Members

Matthew blew Destiny off twice; first for Becca, then for Dani. Because of that, I would love it if they now paired them up. It would be a very disrespectful commentary on the way the writers feel about Destiny's character (to pair her up with someone who didn't want her and is only settling for her now because he has no other option) which would be fine with me...seeing as how I can't stand the girl. So yeah, bring on Mattstiny so's I can laugh. lol

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed Destiny slapping Darren, not because I liked seeing Darren get slapped (I don't dislike him), but because I loved the entire exchange ("If I talked to my parents like that, I would get slapped."/"Like this? *MAP!*") I just found it realistic and as someone else said, good TV.

As for Mattestiny (ugh, even the squish name sounds like cancer surgery), I say no, no, no. If their "pain" leads them to make out and do it a little, okay, fine, whatever. But I don't like them as a couple, I LOVE them as best friends. No matter how OLTL tries to bend the story, the "evolution of Matthew's emotions" ( :rolleyes: ) or what have you, we ALL know Des is a consolation prize for Matt. They were "kind enough" to throw her a boney ass kid with heavy-handed head-over-heels in love Darren, and now she's gone and messed that up. Sad thing is my first reaction was, "Damn, now what about Darren?" instead of, "Poor hurting Des." I hope things smooth over and they get back together, but now Darren's got sole custody of his balls and we can move beyond the Laura/Urkel [!@#$%^&*].

They should have kept crazy ass Hannah around for Matthew, I think they could have been a hilarious and even heartbreaking pair, with her antics and his deadpanning, her losing touch with reality and him telling her about herself, it could have been interesting. Those are two characters I would actually be interested in watching fall in love and mentally/emotionally grow up together alongside Destiny and Darren.

• Members

Hannah was loathsome and such a cartoon character. She wasn't even mentally ill, which is what made her even more unbearable. She was just useless and irritating even before she become a cartoon. The scenes with her being all smug as she lied about who pushed Marty down the stairs were big mistakes. Even bigger mistakes were the scens where Hannah was so stupid that she thought she could get away with everything. That little wench never got away with a damn thing in her entire life, why the hell would she get away with kidnapping a young woman and an innocent little baby? Not to mention holding them at gunpoint. I'm not a fan of Starr, and I'm certainly not a fan of James, but the scenes with Hannah forcing them to bury their own graves were beyond ridiculous. Hannah didn't even care whether Hope lived or died. In fact, Hannah kept threatening to kill Hope, and she was obviously going to kill Hope's mother right in front of her. I bet that Hannah would have killed Hope right after she killed Starr. It was made even worse by the fact that the writers tried to make us feel sorry for Hannah at the same time, with the horrendous "backstory" about how poor little Hannah was neglected by her parents. That, and the writers clearly never knew what they wanted Hannah to be. Was she campy love to hate, a psycho bitch, a misunderstood little girl, or "mentally ill"?

If Matthew needs a love interest, have him fall in love with Dani or Destiny. Anyone is better than Hannah. Hell, I would even much rather see Matthew have a baby with his own mother. I can't believe I just said that. But it's because I loathe Hannah that much, and I would never want her even on the same PLANET as Matthew, much less in a relationship with him. Even if Matthew really is forced to prop Dani/Nate, it's still infinitely better than putting him in any scene with Hannah.

On to more pleasant things (even the Fords would be a more pleasant subject, and that's saying a lot.)... AHEM. I hate what TIIC are doing to Clint, but that still doesn't change what Clint has done to Bo and Nora. I'm biased, since I'm a long time Bo/Nora fan, but I hope that Clint starts to feel remorse for the horrible things he's done. I do want his family to forgive him, but it shouldn't happen right away. And as usual, Clint is being written this way partly to make the Fords look like victims. They are on every day. Literally.

I read an item about an actress who wasn't clicking with the audience. I think it's Gina Tognoni. The only person she has chemistry with is Dan Gauthier. Dan Gauthier/Kevin is much needed in Llanview, but I don't think we'll ever see him again. Kelly's return was awful at first, but I've been enjoying Kelly more lately. Partly because Kelly clearly hates Aubrey, who is a worthless piece of trash. I don't think Kelly has much chemistry with Joey, but she doesn't completely suck the life out of him in the way that Aubrey does. There are also MANY rumors saying Farah Fath is the actress that they're referring to. That's probably just wishful thinking (heh), although her chem test with David Fumero was disastrous.

• Members

Agreed! LOVED OLTL's use of background music during the Rauch era. I even loved the character themes of the Gottlieb era. Blair's theme always played when Asian Blair was scheming or lying, and Asian Blair was always scheming and lying. :lol:

• Members

Way to ruin Layla for the sake of propping CriGi. :rolleyes: OLTL just loves to send women to Europe and turn them into unlikeable sluts. What's that all about, who on the writing team got their feelings hurt once upon a time? :P

But Matthewson, how do you REALLY feel about Hannah? :lol: She was written into a corner, but before that, she had some very entertaining moments. Like when Todd had her all tied up, crazy bitch looked like she was secretly loving every minute of it. I think she could have been just as successful as AMC's Annie had they gone for it.

Nora: I have a hole in my heart the size of the moon...

:huh: What type of bad Tennessee Wiliams... ?

• Members

I'm waiting for Marty to start calling herself "Marty the Party Girl" again...

Poor Nora. I wish Bo would stop defending Inez. I want Nora to give Inez a nice, hard slap right across the face.

Clint is dead to me, but if he gets rid of Aubrey, that will redeem him for me. Terri Conn is pretty, but she's just not a good actress, in my opinion. And the character is just pointless. It's sad when I'm rooting for Kelly by comparison.

Archived