OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 27

• Members

Why can't we have Kevin AND Joey on the show to do deal with Zane's true paternity reveal?

Aubrey was not needed nor frankly was Cutter. The last thing this show needs is more newbies introduced.

As for Kelly, asexual about covers GT's Kelly so far this run. Perhaps she's hung around JPL too long as both come of metro-sexual to me.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I agree that neither Aubrey nor Cutter is needed but if Frons and Co. insist they must be here they could have done it in a more organic way than shoving Aubrey and nuJoey down our throats. OLTL's problem is that they never transition newbies seamlessly into the cast. They brow beat the audience into submission ala Stacey, Gigi, the Fords and ratings further erode. Kelly was dead to me the minute she f.ucked her step son and blamed her problems on Kevin. Kevin can do so much better than that skank but, like I said, if Frons insist on GT being here, the least Carlivati could do is try to make her interesting with her limited sexuality instead of putting her in an insta triangle with two newbies. Watching all three is like having an open sore especially with GT honing in on JPL territory with her shtick. None of those characters are worth the time and energy they are given but ABCD never lacks for Caucasians within the 18-34 age range so nothing new.

• Members

I think Aubrey was needed because they needed Aubrey to make Kelly look good. Aubrey is evil because she is cheating on Joey (that sorta behavior is only acceptable when it is Kelly doing it). It is sad when you need other characters brought in to make Kelly (or anyone else) look good. I think it would do Kelly wonders if they didn't have Joey's parents kiss her butt 24/7. I have a hard time believing any parent would want their child with the woman who cheated on one of their children with the other and then have THAT child be cheated on with their grandson. Joey and Kelly are not without chemistry, but the way they have Kelly worshipped, not to mentinon GT's overacting and cartoon antics don't help.

• Members

I don't think Aubrey is supposed to be evil -- I think we're supposed to think this is hot stuff and that Joey is a patsy. Joey is an afterthought to this story. I think that Aubrey is an attempt at what Stacey was supposed to be, they have cleaned up the aspects of Stacy that made her so loathed from early on, like the nonsense about wanting Rex after he picked up her backpack. She's a Stacey/Kim hybrid - a money-hungry bimbo. She's tied to Ford, whom the show worships, and possibly to Clint, in case they want to redo Kim/Clint and if they want to "shock" us with a story about Clint nailing his son's fiancee.

My guess is Joey will be phased out and Kelly will be with the monkey Rex or with Cutter, since Cutter has no ties to anyone and is probably a sleaze, which means he is a real man.

• Members

I too do not understand why Dan Gauthier is not back full time on OLTL. He has proven his acting chops and ability to play lead in a story. The chemistry he has with Kevin's longtime rival Todd was lightening in a bottel. There are so many missed opportunities having him make the brief London-time cameos.

Also, how much more interesting would the Kelly storyline be if Kevin was still on pining for his ex-wife and mother of his "(grand)son." Instead, Rex, a relative stranger, is acting as the spoiler. Then you have two more newbies on the Joey side.

It was great to have all the Buchanan kids back together again consistently (Kevin, Joey, Jess, Natalie). That quartet relationship has so much history and potential, especially in regards to how Natalie is still seemingly a stranger to her brothers.

Archived