OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 27

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really like TD's Joey in family scenes so far b/c he's definitely channeling Joey's warmth and sensitivity. The weak links in his story are scenes with Aubrey and Kelly. Time to declare GT's return a total flop and write her out. She can take Aubrey with her back to Europe.

• Members

I have a hard time imagining Blair in a good relationship, she's either too good for the guy or the guy's too good for her, there's like no in between. Actually, I guess Max was good for her in that regard. But she needs a man like Clint Ritchie Clint who was intelligent and strong and could call her on her [!@#$%^&*] while being totally in the right.

• Members

Your description sounds like what Cord was when John Lopreino was on the show the first time around. The second time was strangely dispiriting.

I watched those Joey/Kelly gym scenes and while it won't set the world shaking, I thought they had some chemistry. If they aren't going to bring Kevin back, then I think it might work if Joey and Kelly got together, and she got stories that had nothing to do with romance (like her career, and looking for her mother, who faked her death and is played by _____ soap vet I want to see on this show preferably Maeve Kinkead or Maureen Garrett or Anna Stuart or Vicky Wyndham), and Joey would be a support to her and his sisters, and could work as a photographer again and, I don't know, have some sort of earnest crusades that would help track down the latest evil of evils.

• Members

Yes, I was saying this months ago about the Kane women over on AMC, it would be refreshing to see more awesome intriguing s/ls that didn't focus on romance, but perhaps a return to family secrets, or solving mysteries that weren't played out murders. DeeeDee, I believe you, I, and others have agreed that Kelly functions well as support, or in these types o situations. The Ally McBeal crap, not so much.

• Members

Yes, you were both right. I'd even take something like perhaps Kelly and Joey producing a remake of Fraternity Row or something. You could have Kelly having to deal with a sleazy producer who insists all the women fall out of their tops and make out with each other for sweeps.

When was the last time we saw Addie? Was walking out with the birdcage the last time? That is one tough bird...

• Members

LOL! And I love your idea about Kelly and the sleazy producer, talk about art imitating One Life. Kelly truly is an interesting case, it really shouldn't be this hard. And GT's "dancin' as fast as I can" acting style makes it all look even more desperate. I would much rather them get it right than send her off.

• Members

I'm liking Cutter already! He's defintely the latest bad boy to hit Lanview. Just his looks says it all! I'm seeing internet speculation that Cutter is really CJ Roberts and the more I think about it the more believable it sounds. It would give Cutter an instant family in the Buchanans which also makes him Joey's cousin. Poor Joey having to do battle with his scheming cousin Cutter (CJ?) over Aubrey. Poor Joey would lose I'm afraid. BTW, I could defintely have seen Josh Kelly playing Joey, and I think it would've worked out nicely.

Archived