OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 27

• Members

she came across as a b-tch. She has a good boyfriend and she's treating him like crap for no reason. I wish he would tell her to get over herself already with this pity party and how "Matthew is the only one that understands me" But I guess this is the best they can do to manufacture a breakup so they can put her with Matthew, someone who already cast her aside and didnt want her

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's also not respecting what she wants. She doesn't want to talk to her grandparents and he has to respect her opinion but he didn't. Also, the family problems are a great way to bond Matthew and Destiny. I don't see how it comes off as manufactured when they haven't even bothered to give Darren a personality or background to destroy.

• Members

I love Destiny and Matthew. But I feel bad. Destiny is just so..dumb right now. Doesn't she see that Matthew seemed interested in her before, but threw her aside for Dani? Doesn't she see that he's only interested in her now because his first choice blew him off? Doesn't she see that Daren really cares for her and looks out for her? I HATE Daren, but he treats her 100 times better than Matthew.

Poort Destiny, :(

• Members

and thats the problem. They failed to properly give Darren or Destiny and Darren for that matter any development. He's been nothing more than a minor distraction to give her something to do while Matthew has been pining and whining away about Dani. I can understand her not wanting to talk to her parents, but she cant avoid them forever. In the meantime the constant pity party about how her life sucks bc she's been lied to gets annoying bc she isnt dealing with her issues. She's ignoring it and as a result shutting her bf out. Darren is trying to get her to face all that bc they are slipping away bc she fails to want to actual deal with her problems head on. When things rear up, she uses the "Matthew understands me better" card as a convenient excuse to shut Darren out. Its not fair and I can see it being extrmely frustrating on his end bc he does care about her and want to see her through this

Yep, second best, second fiddle, but she'll accept it. She'll drop everything if Matthew were to actually show some interest in her this time and if and when he does, its bc his first choice doesnt want him. They'll settle for each other.

• Members
She had no business putting her hands on him... she should have just walked away.

And if Matthew had done what Darren did, I bet Destiny wouldn't have slapped him.

Exactly!!! Can I quote you? This is how I feel but I didn't know how to express it.

Can I quote again? I hadn't thought about this but that is interesting... she is using the Matthew understands as an excuse not to deal with it.

• Members

Funny you should say this! I wish OLTL would return to the formula that Paul Rauch used between around 1985-1991. Storylines were always suspenseful and intense AND there was lots of great background/theme music (check some of it out on Youtube) that went along with certain characters and the storylines themselves. The evil/psycho characters were always very effective and fun to watch in those days. Viki and Dorian (who used to be a fabulous DIVA with big hair ) were both active players in suspenseful stories back then, now Viki is thrown into some high school-like triangle and Dorian is nothing but a cartoon character sidekick. Bring back that wonderful background/theme music and those heavily suspenseful stories that OLTL used to tell and I'll be happy. Michel Camilo and Score Productions were the bomb for OLTL's background/theme music during the mid-80's. Today, OLTL is so milquetoast it's not even funny.

Archived