• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Me too....

She's more Ashley to me then Eileen is....I don't know why if it's because of the way they write Ashley now, but I can never picture Brenda's Ashley doing or saying any of the things Eileen does.....

I will say that I guess it's a good thing that the writers are playing up on the whole history of Ashley vs.Victoria, but everything about it is so contrived like the rest of the show...

• Members

Ive never felt sympathy for Bergman's Jack….

I remember Lester's Jack leaving because he thought LLB had too much airtime on the show….

At least he popped up on ATWT as Lucinda's brother….and don't get me started on MKA on too as their sister…was in heaven.

• Members

If you watch some of Bergman's first few months as Jack from 1989-1990 it's a Lester impersonation that's very grating.....that's why they had write the character to suit Bergman which of course resulted in lots of stuff turning out the way it did for his Jack...

• Members

I think there was some talk that they didn't think Acuna could play the dramatic AIDS story as that wasn't originally their purpose for Keesha. I'm not sure.

Thanks for finding that clip with Janice Lynde. I've never seen any of Leslie's time in the institution. I can see why she got that glowing writeup in Daily TV Serials.

She really is earthier than VIctoria Mallory.

And thanks for putting up the new 1992 episodes.

This was another video that person uploaded. It's so hilariously cheesy - those dancers, and John McCook...wow. Lawrence Welk would blanch.

Janice isn't bad though.

• Members

Thanks for answering my question about the Jennifer/Wanda switch. I remember being surprised when that happened onscreen.

That Janice Lynde special screams 1976 bicentennial disco fever......those dancers are just too much for words. Only in the 70's could you get away with wearing a white polyester jump suit shirtless with a scarf.

John McCook looks like a flamboyant Evel Knievel with some Donny Osmond tossed in.

• Members

Some of it's really nice and classy (I like the part where they each sing about their background, and I like some of the medleys between John and Janice). It's some of the solo numbers that are just so bad - John's "I Write the Songs," and Janice trying to uptempo when her voice just doesn't suit it.

I forget sometimes how handsome he was.