Just a thought...

• Members

I know the chances of this happening would be slim to none, but I think it would be great and Days would make great money from this and probably wouldn't have to cancel for YEARS!

... If they sold ALL the episodes on DVDs or even made a site that had EVERY episode from day 1 and pay to watch! ... maybe even books!

I love Days and would love to see this!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days would never do that.

If they sold copies of the old episodes, everyone would be reminded of just how decent the show used to be and forget the bomb that currently airs.

Besides, the fees for paying all the old actors in them would be astronomical. Covering all the Paul Stewarts alone would cost a pretty penny, much less the Mike Hortons.

• Members

The DVDs, yeah, never. But uploading them onto a pay-per-view website....that's a great idea and they could make money off it. Why daytime executives don't use this outside of the box way of thinking is beyond me. They should be doing anything they can to make more money off their lineups and it could certainly help with the budgets. There are TONS of people that would pay a nominable fee, whether it be monthly, yearly, or permanently, to see classic storylines. I myself would love to see DAYS eps from the 70s and early 80s, and I'd especially kill to be able to watch classic 'Another World' stories like Rachel/Alice/Steve, Iris/Mac/Rachel, and the Janice/Mac/Rachel/Mitch and St Croix saga.

• Members

Dark Shadows did it. Yeah, it would take a while, but why not just start with year one and do a 5 DVD set? If it sells you release another 5 DVD set later on in the year. DS wound up with dozens of DVDs. Of course DOOL is 10 times the size of DS, but you start somewhere.

Also, with digital technology, the day may come where the entire series can be downoaded for a price if only they were willing.

If it is all too cumbersome, they should just run a parallel channel on iTunes where you can down load each episode for 99c. Just start with episode 1 and upload 20 or so, and see if anyone bites.

• Members

Considering they've already got the entire series from 2007 onwards on iTunes, it seems like just plain good logic to start uploading the classic eps. Then again, they may think like Freemantle did about TPIR reruns on GSN "cannibalizing" ratings on CBS.

Archived