The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I'm not a Richonne shipper but that was a nice earned moment. I usually quit shows once the leads hookup. House, Bones, Castle, are all shows I abandoned due to shipping but I think I'll stick around. :lol:

I think the only thing that would make the fanbase happier is when Daryl finally gets his nasty self into a shower.

Edited by marceline

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am curious to see if the show will explore what the rest of the gang thinks about this romantic development.  I could see Daryl and Carol being unhappy with this for different reasons.  Carol especially might not like the loss of control that will come from this new reality.   Carl it would seem would love the idea but that doesn't have to be the case  if he has any lingering devotion to his mother and views this as a betrayal. 

• Members

Even though this was a more relaxed episode I think it still helped to ramp up the long term drama. Now that these people are a family their lives become more precious to each other and (vicariously) to the viewer.  I think that's especially true for Judith. We know Michonne lost one baby, so I'm both pleased and nervous about her becoming a mother to Judith.

I like Jesus. I remember Tom Payne from Luck. He's a cutie and I think he'll be good in this role.

• Members

Thanks.

I enjoyed the episode. The ponderous-speak was kept to a minimum (mostly confined to Rick going on about how he hadn't seen and now he saw the way Daryl and Michonne always had about Alexandria - a nice sentiment, but not enough to make up for how character-damaging that fiasco was), and everyone got a chance to breathe. Seeing Eugene presented so normally, Denise wanting to do something nice for Tara, Maggie worrying about that Enid girl...even the Carl one-eye stuff was not as melodramatic as I feared. His scene at the end with Michonne was very moving. I love their bond. I still can't bring myself to care about Enid, but at least her hair looks better. 

The Daryl and Rick scenes were the best they've had in a long time - we hear about them being brothers, and so on, but rarely do they get to have fun. This was just fun. 

It's tough to care about Spencer as I feel like he's dead meat, but I did like the way they tied up his relationship with his mother. And the actor is so, so handsome.

Jesus probably had the best character introduction of any "major" character I can remember since Michonne. 

They got Michonne and Rick right - it wasn't too romantic or trying too hard to be "hot." It fit the characters and their history perfectly. And it felt utterly natural to them. I hope that will continue. 

I wish I could shake the feeling that Maggie is going to die...

• Members

They've toned down most of the comic stuff a lot. In the books half of Carl's face is gone, there's amnesia, etc. - it was just ludicrous to me. IIRC they said here during Talking Dead that the bullet bounced off his cheek or something and shrapnel was what took his eye out, no brain damage. I got the sense that they had to do it but wanted to be done with it as quickly as possible. I think there's a lot of that brinkmanship with the source material which Scott Gimple usually executes well, IMO. (And Rick's epiphany about Alexandria was especially affecting in the previous week's episode, if you haven't seen it - really great stuff.)

I don't know if Glenn is going to die but I doubt they'd have

It could be Daryl, Abraham, Morgan or it could be Glenn after all. Who knows.

• Members

I watched this episode and it reminded me of early seasons, which is a great thing because that's when I could tolerate the show. It was people, talking! Saying things! Saying and doing what they mean and not trying to be deep and cryptic. It was nice.