AMC: Monday, November 1, 2010

• Members

My approach to Tad and Dixie is the same as my approach to Brenda and Sonny on GH - reunite them but let the woman drive the story. For both pairings, the woman is the audience draw at this point and the less played-out character. Cady McClain is far more versatile at this point. But Jesus Christ, fix her hair.

I stand by my thoughts re: Lucci and Canary. Part of this move was designed to phase those costly vets out and it's already begun with Erica.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Ryan, Kendall & Greenlee together make my finger itchy to start fast forwarding!

Greenlee is such a twit! I really just don't care about her in her current incarnation and I was loving her a few months ago when she had developed a backbone.

If only someone had dropped a house on that witch!

My one problem with Erica today was that she's been kept from her own daughter by Travis and she had Krystal keep her granddaughter from her, so I expected her to be more sympathetic to JR's plight.

I loved Madison standing on her own 2 feet.

I wish JR would press charges but you know Krystal & Caleb will get away with this because they're "good" people.

I'd love for Greenlee to suffer with Ryan rescuing another damsel!

I liked how the Asher/Caleb story finally started moving forward, too.

Having watched ATWT, AW & GL in the past, AMC feels like none of them in its current state. GL for its past few years was just painful to watch.

+1.

• Members

I knew it. I came in during the opening sequence and missed the writing credits, but I could just tell Kate Hall wrote it. The story was atrocious (especially Greenlee just hanging out while a clearly heartbroken Madison packs her things in Ryan's penthouse - tacky as hell), but the dialogue was the only thing that kept me involved for the hour.

I've already expounded upon why I feel this way about the writing back over the summer. If you agree or disagree, that isn't my concern. However, we've established years ago that you and I have decidedly different tastes when it comes to the writing on this show. I don't understand how this is brand new information.

Here's a fact. Soaps -- All My Children, specifically -- haven't had actors in for straight 12 hour days in years. They BDT by set. Sometimes actors are in and out before noon. Some actors don't even go in to work until after noon.

• Members

If they wanted to get rid of La Lucci they would have kept Pratt. Getting rid of Pratt was the only way la Lucci would make the move. Rebecca also wanted Pratt gone.

Ratings wise they should have kept Pratt.

The thing about the park is it's supposed to be Nov in the East Coast. They shopuld have moved to Conn and could have spent all their time in the park and it would make sense season wise.

IMO Megan Mctavish needs to be brought in to get things moving. Make her co-HW with DK. MT also bring the ratings up for the short-term.

• Members

Because thier SL is boring. Thier pairing has no material of angst or entertainment. Now that Madison is free of Ryass, Frankie and Randi will get some life breathed into them, now they just have to find a way to add Brot and Natalia in this and it can be something interesting. Jake and Amanda, we all know who we are waiting for. And she needs to hurry up.

• Members

What storyline? They have none! Both are featured as a couple maybe twice a month, mainly to support the other characters, while having little writing which actually focuses on them. Nothing substantial enough to say they are ruining AMC. We know Jake and Amanda have something coming up but up until now they've been on the backburner since June. Randi and Frankie are WAY on the backburner

• Members

They are on the show. These are actors being paid pretty much doing nothing, I don't mean that they are ruining the show single handedly, you're misunderstanding my comment. They are part of the problem on this show. You have characters that can't be used b/c headwriters have no SL for them. None. So what happens is Rysuck has to be on, and Kendall is brought into thier circle of doom, and the show revolves around that and the Chandlers vs. Cortlandts. That's what I mean.

• Members

Jake and Amanda have a big story coming up and we've already seen the show plant the seeds for it. Wait for it to actually take shape this month and next month. They arent a problem. They are what the show should be donig; rotating characters in and out of the frontburner. They were frontburner for most of last year and got put to the back earlier this year, only to be featured heavily in May and June and not much until now. That approach works much better than to have them featured 12 months heavily throughout the year

Archived