DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
JASON47'S DEIDRE HALL COUNTDOWN TO 5000 EPISODES CONTINUES...

Each of the 25 episodes that Deidre Hall appears in (from 4,976 to 5,000) will feature an episode summary countdown of her first 25 appearances on "Days" from 1976. Here is Deidre's 24th episode, # 2731, which aired September 20, 1976.

Deidre Hall Countdown: 4,999 Episodes...1 Episode to go.

2731...9/20/76: EPISODE # 24:
Cast: Tom, Bill, Mike, Robert, Linda, Rebecca, Trish, Marlena, Johnny, Dr. Powell, Rebecca's Baby/Dougie.
Sets: Tom's Clinic Office, Dr. Powell's Office Phone (Limbo), Bill's Clinic Office, Linda's Apartment, Mickey's Sanitarium Room, Doug's Place Bar Area, Doug's Place Powder Room, Doug's Place Family Room.

Marlena comes to see Bill and he turns his anger on her. Why did she allow Laura to see Mickey? Laura has to get involved in Mickey's case because until Mickey is well, Laura won't be either. But Marlena is worried about one thing- Laura thinks Mickey is well enough to be an out-patient and Marlena thinks it's too soon. At the sanitarium, Dr. Powell has a frank talk with Mickey over his release. How did he feel when he saw Laura? Mickey admits he was upset to see how pale and fragile she looked. What has he done to her? Can anyone forget that he tried to kill his brother? Later, Tom comes to see Mickey, who says he's afraid to stay there any longer. If he is forced to, he may never be able to face the responsibility of freedom again.

• Members
FROM THE VAULT: EPISODE # 2669: MARLENA MEETS DON CRAIG...

Here is themaster telecast report and the script pages of Marlena's first scene with Don Craig, from Episode # 2669, which aired June 23, 1976. Marlena and Don got married in 1979.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

JASON47'S DEIDRE HALL COUNTDOWN TO 5000 EPISODES CONCLUDES...HAPPY 5000, DEIDRE!

Each of the 25 episodes that Deidre Hall appeared in (from 4,976 to 5,000) featured an episode summary countdown of her first 25 appearances on "Days" from 1976. To wrap things up, here is Deidre's 25th episode # 2732, which aired September 21, 1976. Also included as a bonus is her 26th episode, which featured the debut of Marlena's first residence.

2732...9/21/76: EPISODE # 25:
Cast: Tom, Mickey, Bill, Mike, Robert, Linda, Trish, Marlena, Laura, Jack, Ben.
Sets: Tom's Clinic Office, Mickey's Sanitarium Room, Linda's Apartment, Trish's Apartment, Doug's Place Bar Area & Entrance with Phone.

While Mickey and Marlena speak at odds about his release from the sanitarium, Laura reveals her deep concern that she may still not be objective enough about Mickey, although in her heart she feels he is ready to join the outside world. Later, Tom and Marlena discuss the problem of Mickey's release. Marlena is surprised that Tom knows about the affair between Linda and Mike. Tom hopes they can trust Linda and Mike not to tell Mickey. Tom goes to the sanitarium, begs Mickey not to use Laura in trying to win his freedom. Mickey devastates his father with a truth- that his and Laura's hearts are still linked- not in love, but in pain. They will have to be each other's therapy.

2738...9/29/76: EPISODE # 26: BONUS EPISODE: THE DEBUT OF MARLENA'S FIRST RESIDENCE
Cast: Tom, Alice, Bill, Robert, Don, Rebecca, Marlena, Laura, Kim, Hope.
Sets: Doug's Place Bar Area, Doug's Place Family Room, Marlena's Apartment, Bill's Clinic Office, Horton Living Room.

Marlena is in Bill's office, where she learns about the new wedding plans. She questions him briefly about Don, but is actually there to discuss Laura. Bill says she's so busy, she hasn't had time to worry about her own problems. Meanwhile, Laura wonders how Hope reacted to the idea of her father marrying her half-sister, and Tom says Rebecca is telling her about it today. At Doug's Place, Rebecca is doing just that, by relating it in the terms of a fairy tale. Hope's only concern is that she will be able to be the flower girl in the wedding. Marlena arrives at Doug's Place, finding Don alone in the deserted restaurant. Trying to be upbeat, Don asks Marlena to go out on the town with him, but she refuses, reminding him never to get involved on the rebound. He's a little tipsy, and jokingly blames her for the mess his life is in. It was on her advice he went after Julie in the first place. Marlena arrives home, is a bit tired, restless, when there is a knock on the door. It's a slightly inebriated Don. Rather than send him out on the Salem streets in his condition, she decides to pour some food into him and sober him up. Actually, she doesn't totally mind his company. But he falls asleep at the table during dinner, which she knows is best for him...he's hurting.

• Members

Any knowledge of what exactly happened between Suzanne Rogers

and Deidra hall? they are not sharing any scenes for 20 years, did Suzanne did not even congratulate Deidra for the 5000 episode anniversary, nor appear in this photo. what happened?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I wouldn't take anything from this picture. None of Deidre's onscreen children are even in it and they all clearly adore her.  It was probably just who happened to be filming that day.

Anyhow, there have been rumors about Dee/Suzanne falling out for years.  It appears to have happened sometime between Dee/Drake's firing and their return.  There have been a few theories over the years, but I don't think anyone will ever know.  I think the most prevalent ones have to do with Suzanne/Maggie's prominent role after Deidre was fired on the show and/or the fact that Suzanne is still friendly with Deidre's ex-husband.   Take this info with a grain of salt because I am not sure if it's anything more than speculation.

• Members

I See That Bill Had A really hard time being faithful in those Years!!! I heard Brenda Benet's suicide maybe had to do an ill fated affair with Bill and SSH harassing her non-stop! I always felt like she was a 1980's Carole Landis!

Now Talking About Suzanne Roger's, I was thinking about making 1 to maybe 5 tribute to Maggie, My first choice is Maggie And Her Men and The 2nd is Maggie And Her Children (Janice, Melissa, Sarah(3), Summer, Daniel and Stepsons Bo and Philip) What y'all think???

• Members

Whenever I see Deidre Hall and Jane Elliot's names mentioned in the same sentence, I always imagine them joining Leslie Charleson and Donna Mills on some wild girls' trip, where they take turns ogling the Spanish-speaking waiter with the tight buns on their Caribbean cruise.