DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

JASON47'S DEIDRE HALL COUNTDOWN TO 5000 EPISODES CONTINUES...

Each of the 25 episodes that Deidre Hall appears in (from 4,976 to 5,000) will feature an episode summary countdown of her first 25 appearances on "Days" from 1976. Here is Deidre's 21st episode, # 2723, which aired September 8, 1976.

Deidre Hall Countdown: 4,996 Episodes...4 Episodes to go.

2723...9/8/76: EPISODE # 21:
Cast: Tom, Alice, Julie, Greg, Bob, Maggie, Phyllis, Amanda, Neil, Don, Brooke, Marlena, Laura.
Sets: Hospital Coffee Shop, Waiting Area Outside Adele's Hospital Room, Laura's Clinic Office & Waiting Area Outside, Clinic Reception Area, Clinic Entrance, Hospital Chapel, Small Intimate Restaurant, Hospital Entrance.

Marlena and Laura have a stinging discussion regarding Mickey's request for a total release from the sanitarium. Marlena is dead set against it; Mickey isn't ready. Laura wants to make her own judgment, but Marlena questions Laura's objectivity. Underneath it all, Laura might want Mickey free to relieve her own guilt feelings. Laura assures Marlena that her diagnosis will be strictly professional and if the two of them draw opposite conclusions, it'll be a head-on fight. Maggie arrives and greets Laura with a bouquet of flowers. She's glowing because Mickey asked her to live at the Horton home with him when he's released as an out-patient. Her smile dies when Laura stresses that Mickey is not necessarily coming home to Maggie...he needs their love and understanding, yes, but no demands must be made on him.

• Members

Reading these summaries from 76 it amazes me that a few short months later, after Ann Marcus takes over, Mickey and Maggie are Mr & Mrs Happy Horton.

There was so much to be mined from Mickey's recovery. Maybe Maggie had enough and moved on and Mickey had to fight to get her back. Mickey couldn't work as alawyer and had to accept a more menial job. Maybe Tom used his influence and get's Mickey a job but Mickey finds out and is angry etc,

Maybe the Barton domestic violence story could have been included in that scenario eg Mickey gets a job in the Barton business and enmeshed in their lives.

Whatever, the decision to quickly re-unite them was problematic on a number of levels.

• Members

I wish more of it was available to see. Not only to just see it but to see how the storyline was handled on to day to day basis.

When I was reading the synopses from that time, I kind of got the impression that Mike taking the blame for Trish’s stepfather’s death was the thing that snapped Mickey out of the funk he had been in all year and a result, his and Maggie’s relationship got stronger too. But I do agree that if it was completely dropped, then Ann Marcus fumbled the ball pretty badly. 

I think there’s an interview posted somewhere on here where Suzanne Rogers says that when Ann Marcus came on, she told her that Maggie was so good, that there was nothing she could write for her. So she backburnered her and stuck her with the Barton’s, which IMO, didn’t need to exist lol

Maybe it would have been better if Ann Marcus had done the spousal abuse story with Greg and Amanda. The stress of Greg’s new position at the hospital could have led to him hitting Amanda a few times. It would have made more sense for Maggie to become involved with them instead of complete strangers. Reading the synopses, it was like they were totally forgotten about as a couple. Greg was pitted against Tom and Bill at the hospital over the Chief of Staff job, and Amanda just whined a lot about how Greg didn’t have time for her anymore. That was about it for them until they were written out. 

• Members

Each of the 25 episodes that Deidre Hall appears in (from 4,976 to 5,000) will feature an episode summary countdown of her first 25 appearances on "Days" from 1976. Here is Deidre's 22nd episode, # 2724, which aired September 9, 1976.

Deidre Hall Countdown: 4,997 Episodes...3 Episodes to go.

2724...9/9/76: EPISODE # 22:
Cast: Mickey, Julie, Mike, Linda, Don, David, Brooke, Marlena, Laura, Paul, Helen, Adele, Sanitarium Nurse, University Hospital Nurse.
Sets: Adele's Hospital Room & Waiting Area Outside, Hospital Coffee Shop, Don's Inner & Outer Office, Mickey's Sanitarium Room & Waiting Area Outside.

On her first day back to work after her self-imposed seclusion, Laura goes to Don's office to discuss legal procedures for Mickey's release from the sanitarium. Linda is working late and though it's the first time she and Laura have seen each other in a long while, all of the old hostility is still there. Linda is shocked that Laura wants Mickey's release; the timing is wrong. It would be catastrophic of Mickey learns of Linda's and Mike's affair. Don tells Laura the formality for Mickey's release; Mickey or Don would ask Dr. Powell or Marlena for a writ of habeus corpus for his release. If Powell and Marlena are in agreement, no trial or hearing is necessary because the judge ordinarily goes along with it. They simply sign the petition stating Mickey is no longer considered dangerous to others or himself. While Laura is in Don's office, Mike comes to invite Linda to dinner. Furious, Linda once again demands that Mike leave her alone. She's afraid Laura will find out about them, but Mike is adamant. Though Mike has given no name, he's already told Laura there's a "real woman" in his life. Laura emerges from Don's office and Linda's fears are realized, because it's obvious Laura has guessed who the "real woman" is. Laura tells a surprised Mike that Mickey has requested his release and Mike agrees to drive her to the sanitarium to see Mickey. As Don and Linda close up shop for the night, he tries to kid her out of a nervous mood. Linda thinks Laura might talk Marlena and Dr. Powell into releasing Mickey before he's ready. Don senses Linda's also afraid Mickey might find out about her "relationship" with Mike. Not saying what he suspects or how much he knows, Don hopes Linda has helped straighten out some of Mike's hang-ups. At the sanitarium, Mickey and Laura have an emotional first meeting. It's been a long time. She's glad to see him, searching his face for signs of forgiveness. Mickey apologizes for what he's done to everyone...Laura, Mike, even Bill; but knowing how badly Mickey wants his release, it's difficult to tell whether he's saying what he really feels or what he thinks Laura wants to hear.

• Members

Each of the 25 episodes that Deidre Hall appears in (from 4,976 to 5,000) will feature an episode summary countdown of her first 25 appearances on "Days" from 1976. Here is Deidre's 23rd episode, # 2725, which aired September 10, 1976.

Deidre Hall Countdown: 4,998 Episodes...2 Episodes to go.

2725...9/10/76: EPISODE # 23:
Cast: Mickey, Julie, Mike, David, Brooke, Trish, Marlena, Laura, Danny, Valerie, Paul, Helen, Dr. Powell.
Sets: Grant Living Room, Hospital Coffee Shop, Mickey's Sanitarium Room & Waiting Area Outside, Dr. Powell's Office, Waiting Area Outside Adele's Hospital Room.

Mickey and Laura continue their scene in his room at the sanitarium. Mickey does his best to convince Laura he's all right, is ready to be released. Outside, Marlena and Mike continue their wary exchange. Marlena asks Mike if Mickey can count on his son if and when he is released. Laura exits Mickey's room, says she wants to see Powell. As Marlena goes to see if Dr. Powell is free, Laura tells Mike how much better Mickey is, she knows he's ready for release. Marlena tells Powell just the opposite, drops the bombshell about the possible relationship between Mike and Linda. Laura tells Powell how she feels, asks him for an opinion about Mickey, but after what Marlena has told him, Powell must hedge. Mike goes in to see Mickey, finds him very uptight and irrational, lashing out at Mike and everyone for what has happened to him. Mike leaves, tells Marlena maybe his Dad isn't so improved after all. Marlena manages to calm Mickey down, he ruefully admits he blew a little steam, but he won't give up...he's still going to get out of Bayview.

• Members

Heads Up Kids, I'm Workin On The Soap Vault and Giving Priority To Days! When I'm Finished Y'all will be Able to watch 2005-10 Episodes if you're interested, in the meantime I might warn you all that Copyrights might be extra greedy these days so if you have something you like on YouTube you might as well save it, I checked my saved Playlists And Pratically everything was Gone! I can't believe It!!!

• Members

So What Lexie Brooks Scenes would you all recommend me??? From 2005 to 2010? I knew what Scenes with her I would like to Watch/Post but then my option became Far Smaller! Would really appreciate any recommendations