DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

I thought they dumped Cassie in part bc Alexis Thorpe went after a bigger primetime career when Reilly arrived. (She did the ill-fated WB Dark Shadows pilot at the time, among other things.) Reilly just didn't have any interest in many of the characters he offed and had intended to kill permanently.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol.  It was so funny that it was normal behavior for them to just breakout "16 going on 17" midday at a park.  That menace to society Brady, who learned show tunes at his horrible prison like boarding school Marlena sent him to.  Such a weird time.  An no offense to Kyle Lowder, but he's not even that good of a singer.

Did she?  She looks like a perfect WB character.  I think you are right about her wanting to leave not vice versa.   But again, Cassie really didn't do anything.  Rex at least had the fairly interesting Mimi pairing.  

• Members

I very much doubt that - her character in the Dark Shadows pilot was killed in a few scenes, so she wouldn't have been a cast member even if it was picked up. I just think Reilly wanted to kill one young person on the canvas and unfortunately Cassie was basically related to everyone at that point so it made sense to off her.

• Members

Yes, but she was going after bigger game career-wise. I'm sure they felt she was expendable on DAYS and killed her off for their own reasons, but I think that was also dovetailing with the fact that she was ripe at that age for going after bigger work outside of soaps and was going for it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Zorro the Gay Blade's rampage at Tuscany was just as absurd in real time as it is as folklore. You're right, @DRW50, they ended up having Isabella's ghost help Brady get over his angst. Soap Opera Weekly had some fun with Kyle and Nadja's singing scenes: "Tune in for Rolf's rendition of 'Edelweiss,' followed by Alice Horton's inspiring 'Climb Every Mountain.'"

@Franko Great find. I wasn't watching much back then. I only started watching regularly again during Brash and Cwikly run. Wow Maggie and Marlena in scenes together. Along with nice production values. John calling Maggie a gossip.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I mean, me too.  I like a good musical number.  It was just strange.  Never before or after have people broken into song like that.    And it wasn't in the General Hospital 90's way where they were performing at Luke's or something.  It was just let's start singing outdated music that no one our age would possibly be into lol*

I remember thinking at the time Langan was awful, but I guess the show wasn't that bad.  I was a teenager at the time and didn't want to see the teens.  I would rather watch the older adults.  But I don't remember ever liking teen scenes on soaps.  I really only liked Brenda/Robin/Stone/Jagger et all on GH and some of Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas, so I may just be weird.

*And I stand by the fact KL is not a good singer.  I would just assume he is a better singer than JKJ or else Chloe/Phillip would have re-enacted West Side Story or something.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Okay.  I haven't seen this since it aired, but WTF is going on?  I have so many questions and need to break this down.

1. Is it even Halloween?

2. Brady thought it was a good idea to wear Gay Zorro costume and threaten Marlena with a sword in a public place?  And actually makes death threats lol?

3. John thinks it's a good idea to assault multiple cops?  Even if one is Roman and he deserves it because he's trying to get with Marlena?

4.  Sami's dumb ass misses the entire thing while outside the restaurant and didn't hear the restaurant being destroyed?

5. Marlena thinks sobbing and wailing is going to solve this?

6.  I am not sure John is in mercenary mode?  I think he's just being psychotic as is Brady.  

7. Why is John not in jail and Brady is?  Is it because of Belle's accident?

8.  Is Kirsten Storms filming a Zenon movie or something?  They are going out of their way not to show her.

There is a lot to unpack with all this as is the fun with the restaurant patrons like OG Hattie, Faye, Dr. Rolf in disguise and I think Vivian and the girl that marries Robbie Williams.