DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Me, too! I am still amazed at one-offs this far back but a week consecutive just blows me away! @victoria foxton

Please register in order to view this content

I have just found 5 first day YT videos (GH, Never Too Young, Capitol, Loving and The City) and I don't know where would be best to put them. A new topic of their own for all first days or parceled out to various show topics?

Edited by Tonksadora
question about first day videos

• Members

Thanks for the tag @victoria foxton I am a bit behind

The Aug 4th ep 

What an odd opener - Did Donald Briscoe hurt himself or was it Tony? Laura makes no reference to it and even tells Tony he is the picture of health as he holds onto his foot in pain, and it didn't sound ironic to me. Once he has his shoe on he is fine or acting that way. I got so lost in thinking about Donald's foot and missed the scene entirely. 

I wonder how many scenes Susan Flannery's Laura had with Tony. From synopsis it doesn't seem like much. Laura was brought into the Mickey/Bill feud pretty quickly. I like Floy Dean but even without having seen more than a few short clips of Susan, I feel like Susan's grounded and thoughtful approach would always win me over. Days had some amazing actresses, in fact the more I get to see from all the shows back in the 60's and 70's they all had amazing performers. 

The scene between Alice and Marie is so beautifully acted. No shouting and histrionics, just two women talking about love and relationships. Alice can guide her daughter without seeming like a busy body and can be pretty blunt without seeming like a jerk. Bell allows Marie to need her mother in that moment. Dysfunction works well on soaps, but I miss this sort of thing. Two characters relating and talking and sharing a moment together without all the drama. Soaps did this well back in the day.