Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That was before my time with reading SOD, so when I read them a few years back I was pleasantly surprised - the quality and respect for readers is so far above what the magazine would be by the late '90s (with a columnist essentially saying she wanted a woman to be violated with a fireplace poker).

• Members

I’ve reached July 1999 of my binge that started in late 1997. 1998 was one of the worst soap years I’ve witnessed but I’ve been enjoying 1999. I liked his vet heavy 1998 was, but the stories were awful. 

The main story of 1999 is the Hope/Faith baby switch. Denise has been a brilliant new character and has great chemistry with Andy, Ben and Lily. Truly a shame she didn’t last. I do think there were some missed opportunities when doing a baby switch with a bi-racial baby, but overall I’ve enjoyed this. 

The other main story is how David Stenbeck has returned and is secretly pulling the strings. I will say I’m not a big fan of the actor and I feel this story is dragging on. I also don’t like the Julia character. Brad and Carly are another weak spot for me. 

The weakest part of the show is easily the teen scene. Chris is poorly cast, Katie has no personality and Eddie and Georgia are total drips. Terri Conn is lucky they gave her another chance because I could easily see them writing all of these characters off. 

A big disappointment for me compared to 98 is the severe lack of Hal, Lisa, Barbara, John (is he even on the show?), Lucinda and Kim. They all went from having great screen time to being extras. Now we have these Another World characters joining and I can’t say I’m impressed. I always found Jensen Buchanan to be bland so I wasn’t excited to see her. 

I know I’m at a point where a new Hw has started. I’m curious to see what changes that will bring. I know they last for a year until Hogan Sheffer joins. 

• Members

Seeing those pics of Kathy [Hays] getting emotional brings me to tears. Kim always had a soft spot in my heart. The pics also piss me off as I see that Snyder kitchen set that grated my nerves. I grew to hate that set. It unnerved me how they simply couldn't slap up a set for Bob & Kim or Lisa or Lucinda at the end of the show. All that aside, I get happy to see something about ATWT popping up. God, I miss this show...

• Members

That looks like they were striking the set for the final time in those photos. Wow, that Snyder kitchen looks lived in, for real! And of course, I recognize the Hughes living room, the beverage bar at the Walsh mansion and ever other landmark set and scenery. 
Too bad there was no Stewart cabin left, some pivotal scenes in the show’s history took place there as well.

• Members

I hate that they got rid of the Hughes kitchen and kept the Snyder kitchen..though I do have to say that looks like a real kitchen in an old house...(HGTV would want to paint it all white..) 

Are you sure that was the Hughes living room...Bob and Kim lost their house and had to hang out in the hotel or in the WOAK set that suspiciously looks just like Kims old one.  I think the bar is in the hotel right. For the few sets they have, they do look good. 

• Members

Hm. Did they repurpose some of the furnishings then? Giving a closer look, the bar does and doesn’t look like the bar in Lucinda’s mansion. Although this bar is a definite downgrade from Lucinda’s, which had a soda fountain. Honestly, you know ATWT had a fairly healthy budget by the mid-late 1980s if they could afford that mansion.