As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

True, they're probably not her bitchiest moments, but she's clearly not suffering fools or hypocrites either. She's clearly insinuating that Shannon's a golddigging slut, but without the name calling. 

And I know HBS was well-regarded as Margo, but I got tired of her self-righteous speechmaking. She's giving me Janet Ciccone vibes in some of that, and that ain't good.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I do like HBS' work in the role, but I think by her last years she did have a more sanctimonious quality that Ellen Dolan tends to get more blame for (probably because Ellen wasn't as warm an actress). 

I think I enjoy her Margo earlier in her run when she has some drama but balanced with comedy. 

Speaking of which, she's a bit muggy here, but this little interaction with Barbara at about 10-11 minutes is entertaining and shows just how much their relationship changed after Barbara went bad. 

(I know this has already been posted a few times - sorry everyone)

• Members

Thanks @te. !!! I don't think I've ever seen this before. And I think this is my first glance of Georgann Johnson on ATWT - she's just as good as I hoped she would be. 

Any glimpse I get of Melinda reminds me of what could have been. Beau seems like such a brat.

Jay seemed to always have the same old stories, and complaints about money. The guy playing Matt, or Mac, or whatever his name is, is kind of cute - can't remember what else he was on. It's always nice to see Carol. Rita Walter has such a sweet, genuine connection that many on soaps then or now lacked. 

Happy to get more Joyce too. I guess this is right before she "died" in a car accident. 

This seems to have been a moribund period for the show, but it doesn't seem bad as much as just the show reaching a point of malaise that allowed the hungrier soaps to finally catch up.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Yes, that's what we all thought & one of the things I'm doing is correcting that. Rosemary Prinz on AMC & How to Survive..., early DAYS with Macdonald Carey, Dana Andrews on Bright Promise, Beverlee on Texas, these we know are bonafide star billing. No one has been given such since 1980 Texas. 

But, people are suggesting others they think they've seen & I'm checking them off my list. They are all turning out to be what I call interesting credits but not star billing, or above-the-title. There's an ATWT closing, for example, where they go through the cast & then last of all, "and Eileen Fulton as Lisa" which is an example of special credit but not at all the same thing as star billing. 

Thanks again. I'm a Douglas Marland fan, too!