Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Really happy that Michael Park was able to transcend being a "veteran soap star" and find great success on Broadway, and continues to be a consistent presence on streaming and TV shows. He posted this recap on Instagram of the past decade for him. Kudos to him for continuing to find work and diversifying his portfolio.

• Members

LOL..I HATED that storyline...(God I hate Rex Smith..and he was too young to be in Margo's class and for Babs..) but that was typical ATWT...everyone reacting but too polite (except Babs) to say it out loud...I love the Kim and Bob faces.

• Members

I missed most of this storyline the first time around (too busy) but I've since gone back and watched several episodes online and I have to agree with you.  Also, I don't see what the fuss was about Rex Smith.  He seemed so bland to me in this storyline.  ATWT must've been really desperate for a leading man.  Perhaps had this storyline taken place in the late 70s, Smith might have fit the bill, especially as an alternative to characters like Brad Hollister.  In the early 90s though, I feel like it reflected badly on all the characters connected to this storyline, especially Frannie.

• Members

I wasnt a big fan of Helmet Hair Frannie..she and Helmet Hair Emily could have destroyed sets with all that fluff. 

Yea, Smith was an odd choice, I could see him as a dippy pretty boy but this rich man in charge of things..no.  Wasnt this the storyline where the Nanny was inseminated or pregnant, and someone threw her off a balcony and you saw her obvious dummy body fly past Frannies window?

I do have to hand it to Lisa, to be polite in the best Marland Oakdalian way, but also bitchy..that is a talent!

• Members

I didn't mind Rex Smith - the show was full of pretty boy business types and I think they tended to suggest he got everything from a rich wife (Carolyn) anyway - but I think they did Frannie a disservice by having her rush into a relationship with him. I also think giving him a past with Connor and needing to make him Margo's friend and the baby with Barbara was all way too much. If the Interwebs had been more prominent in that period he probably would have been torn to shreds. 

• Members

Especially when her ordeal with Doug Cummings should've taught her a lesson.  However, I chalked that up to Frannie's basic inability to choose the "right" man.

Years ago, I thought it would have been neat to reveal Darryl and Carolyn's daughter, Carrie, as baby Cabot's biological mom.  IIRC, we knew Jordan Sinclair was his father, but they never specified the identity of his mother.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I liked Melanie Smith's Emily. I preferred her interpretation of the character to all the rest.

Speaking of 1990s ATWT

the other day I watched an episode from 1990 and was reminded of how unnecessary a character Ellie Snyder was, IMO.

Despite the fact that I found Babette Rene Props to be cute and charismatic as an actress, Ellie just added to the glut of Snyder family members that many complain about. I wouldn't have minded if Props played a different character, returning Marcy Thompson or some other character-- they could've done almost all of the things with the Brock storyline that was done with Ellie just by having Marcy separated from her aristocratic husband and has a fling with Phillip Lombard, yadda yadda yadda and so on, without the weird-as* complication of having yet another Snyder woman involved in man-sharing. Overall, the character turned out to be a mere blip in the show's history, who, unlike Iva and Meg, only made a momentary impact on the show's overall history. She left and they never bothered to bring the character back.  On the positive side, Props was talented and Ellie was very much a walking talking 90s time capsule.

• Members

While I was digging into some historial newspapers for the Full Episode List, I found this fun excerpt in the March 11, 1984 edition of a paper called "The Journal"

Although it's only a regional pre-emption, that doesn't help my episodes project, I can't help but wonder about the "something big" that was happening on the show in the week of March 5-9, 1984, involving Craig Montgomery being forced to confront his evil ways.

Is this around the time he bombed Steve's truck?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Brolden

• Members

She and Holden were supposed to have been close because they never felt like they fit in (Ellie sort of taking over some of Meg's old personality). I do think Ellie was a bit shoehorned in, but I thought Renee Props was a great actress and I thought her role in the story with Craig worked. The Kirk stuff was more of a mixed bag, as the "wacky" element was overplayed, but the business conflicts and their eventual split worked.