Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree with you, although I'd add a few others like Constance Ford and Douglass Watson.

There was a certain "good riddance" type of attitude from some fans when Larry quit, but he never phoned it in, and he kept the character vital even when the writing wasn't there. That he came back for the end shows that it was never his own arrogance which hurt his work, but very shabby, short-sighted treatment by Goutman and company.

I think they were banking on the popularity of Byrne and Hensley, Byrne was widely identified for her pairing with Holden, and there was nowhere else to take the Holden character - he was just this cold, sulking bore.

I'm just sorry Damian and Lily never really got to be a couple on their own. They only had about six months before Damian was "killed" in the plane crash.

• Members

That is precisely why I love Bryggman so much as an actor, Carl. Frankly, if I were to draw up a list of my all-time favorite actors from the soaps, I guarantee most, if not all, would have reputations similar to his. Let's be honest, though. Not all writers can be like Doug Marland or Agnes Nixon; and even Doug Marland and Agnes Nixon weren't "on" everyday. Yes, an actor's responsibility is to "respect the text," so to speak, but if they can't find the integrity or logic in what they're doing, how can they ask the audience (who literally make and break their careers) to?

Edited by Khan

• Members

I don't know if you can really classify that as a "quit" though since TPTB didn't renew his contract and wanted him to go recurring. Since his reason for staying with ATWT was to maintain a steady paycheck, it makes sense that he had no interest in being recurring.

And it must be hard to be a soap actor, since there is a lot of repetition, and we always hate it when TPTB rewrite the past... imagine how annoying it is for THEM, since they were the ones living it, and have to act like what they knew happened didn't happen.

• Members

I guess this was their attempt at getting a teen demo. It's sort of cute (although Eddie Man and that Chris and Katie still annoy me).

I loved Drew on Dancing with the Stars and knew very little about 98 Degrees, so the image of him pouting in a backward baseball cap is always kind of strange/disturbing/hilarious.

• Members

When I see her here I just think of Lyla trashing and I get annoyed.

I kind of wish they'd kept Georgia around, although her leaving was probably for the best - she would have just floated around doing nothing and occasionally screaming at people, like Abigail did.

• Members

That Chris was SO bad!!! And yes, they have New York accents in Oakdale, just like they had them in Springfield with Drew Jacobs...though of course she was not born in SF, but in Califorinia!! "So Michele, I jus' godda know who my mudder is!!!"

And I am embarrassed to say it, but I always thought Eddie was kind of hot!