B&B: Stephanie Spoiler

• Members

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bold-Beautiful-Shocker-1023296.aspx

Even though this a slight rip-off the Felicia's cancer story, this should get good. Love that they revisit Stephanie's homeless days which is one the show's best stories and the biggest Emmy snub ever (Susan Flannery was utterly brilliant in this classic Bill Bell tale).

FYI: they couldn't use the original actress for Steph's friend, RuthAnne, because actress Michelle Davison died a couple of years ago.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not HIS decision. It never was for the last decade... If she bolts, she's gonna bolt.

Somehow I don't see La Flannery leave just now though. She gets rather decent material on the show and has enough time off to direct on various occasions (e.g. season 2 of VENICE). And she just got herself in such great shape, it would be a shame if she left us now... :P

• Members

It's totally his decision! lol It's up to Flannery to decide if she wants to go but it's up to HIM to decide if he will just write her out or have Brooke murder her and then go to jail, where she will be raped by a butch inmate.

But, yes, I've had a feeling that she is going to stick around for a bit.

• Members

I didn't know the woman who had played Ruthann had died. :( She was great, as was the man who played Stephanie's love interest when she was homeless.

She seemed so happy to be on the show, even in a thankless role. I remember when they brought her back for Stephanie's failed wedding to Eric in 1997 (the one Sally ruined by putting a photo of afterglow Lauren and Eric in the reverend's Bible), and she talked about how beautiful the color of her bridesmaid gown was. Colleen Dion, meanwhile, was basically saying, "I wouldn't wear this in real life." :lol:

• Members
A heart attack like the one Stephanie had in 2005? :lol: Because I admit, I definitely almost had one of those kinds.

Word to both statements.

Brad can't rely on Susan Flannery forever, if the show has that long left anyway. A revamp is desperately needed to juice up this show. Relying on Stephanie the Bully, Brooke the whiny weeping heroine, and Jackie the desperate UK reject isn't gonna "save" this show. It's old. It's stale. It's tired. But it's the same damn thing over and over.

Archived