B&B: Stephanie Spoiler

• Members

As much as Brad and Katherine Kelly Lang herself want to believe that Brooke is "The Next Stephanie," she isn't. Stephanie and Brooke are both fierce, dynamic characters in their own right, but Stephanie is essentially the anti-heroine in many ways, which is what used to make her so compelling to watch.

B&B needs to move away from "replacing" Stephanie and work on bringing someone in that, although is radically different from Stephanie in some ways, can still stir the pot. For years, we've been yelling that Brad should try to steal Lauren Koslow from DAYS and bring her on to be queen bee, but I'm not sure she will do, especially if the goal is to replace Flannery with someone cheaper, but younger and just as good. Which leaves me to say...

I echo this sentiment. Lesli Kay is really good at getting the most out of her scene partners and making the most out of the small stuff they give her to do. I'd like to see her be "fierce," but I don't want her to be the next Stephanie(i.e. always complaining about those Logan girls, butting into her family's relationships and love lives, etc.), which is why I am glad you put her name in quotes.

I'd also be for outsourcing the Stephanie "role" to some plain ole stunt casting. I've said these two names already, but Tatum O'Neal and Heather Locklear would be great in a center of the universe, troublemaker story. Morgan Fairchild would be fierce too. Just please, no Zimmer. Thanks. :)

It will be sad to see Flannery leave, but Brad really needs to test himself as a writer/producer to give B&B a fresh and different perspective. Relying on Stephanie forever is not gonna keep the show going.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
+1

+1

God, Lesli Kay was great on Y&R. Chemistry off the charts with EVERYONE.

CBS/Barbara Bloom should be ashamed for passing on Lesli Kay at Y&R. But seeing the way other female characters are treated and trashed on Y&R, Felicia is better off in her room at the Forrester Mansion.

• Members

Sure. She can be the next great matriarch. Vastly different from Stephanie, but a matriarch.

Imagine the megashow B&B would be with Fairchild, Heather Now I'll Have to Take Any Job and Won't Be as Expensive as I Used to Be Locklear and Tatum O'Neal. Plus Koslow. mellow.gif That's too much, I can't even start trying to fathom the bombs that would explode at every step of the way. Sure, we'd also need a much, much better writer. Not gonna happen, yeah. dry.gif

• Members
+1. Hell, she even drafted borderline romantic chem from thin air with Eileen Davidson's Ashley Abbott. Forget Otalia! Bring on Fashley and the Fashists.

Well, I meant OR, not all of them. LOL. B&B would be overbudget, a scheduling nightmare, and a hot mess with that many divas. I mean one of them. LOL. :)

LOL. No need to judge. Every actor has done a Red Shoes Diaries. Even Christian LeBlanc. With a chick! :o:lol:

Archived