B&B: Stephanie Spoiler

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Brad, if he wants to keep Susan Flannery around, has made a huge mistake with Stephanie receiving a Stage 4 diagnosis for lung cancer. That is the type of diagnosis that will surely kill someone. It would be disrespectful, I feel, to have Stephanie pull through because, sadly, so few people actually do.

Lesli Kay is the natural placeholder for 'Stephanie' because Felicia can be so many things to so many different people. Multifaceted for certain. That said, she lacks the brash aggressiveness that Stephanie has injected into B&B from day one...by that I mean the anger that drives so much of Stephanie. Felicia might be biting or sarcastic, but she isn't angry and to write her as such would be disingenuous.

The solution? Split Susan Flannery's contract money in two and hire Lesli and Lauren Koslow in a triumphant return as Margo Lynley Spencer. She is one of the few B&B characters to leave with a bang on an emotional level. There is conflict with Margo's character and anger and hurt as well as pride and self preservation. Margo got under the skin of many characters...that says a lot about her.

• Members

I love Lauren Koslow. I freaking love her.

Great idea, Daytime Fan.

I tnk I may the only person excited by this storyline. And yes, the Stage 4 diagnosis is the part that worries me in terms of insulting viewers, especially ones who have been touched my cancer. Stage 4 Lung Cancer has maybe a 7% 5 year survival rate, if that..

• Members

Morgan Fairchild as a replacement for Susan Flannery???

With that logic:

Miley Cyrus should replace John Lennon

George W. Bush should replace Abraham Lincoln

General Hospital should replace The Sopranos

Seriously Bellcurve, tell the truth...are you Ron Moss' agent?

• Members

I am not Ronn Moss' agent.

And no one is talking about replacing La Flannery with Morgan Fairchild. It would be a different dynamic. And as much as I love La Flannery, you seriously cannot think that she(as a presence) cannot be replaced. To diss Morgan Fairchild(or Locklear/Tatum/Koslow) like that is unacceptable. Each of these actresses are lead material and have proven themselves so in current/previous projects.

B&B will survive without Stephanie/Flannery if she retires(by force or her own volition). Stephanie is a nightmare lately and Flannery is so utterly bored with her material. It shows on-screen. How many times can Stephanie tell Brooke/Donna/Bridget/Katie that she's a whore, call Eric a cheating "sonofaBITCH," interfere in Ridge's romance like some unrequited lover, run around slapping people old enough to be her great grandchildren, and still say, "Eric, I did all these awful things for you." ?

If Brad Bell and B&B are serious about giving this show a much needed F5, then letting Flannery go will do wonders for them in the long run. Flannery/Stephanie legitimize this show to some people, but for several that have tried and still try to sit through this show, even she doesn't keep this show from being the trashy, tawdry, Passions meets Sunset Beach meets Bill Bell's Y&R hybrid that Brad has turned this show into. If Brad is gonna go all out and make this show into some dated Models Inc. meets daytime clone, then he needs a matriarch or HBIC that can really play this camp well. Flannery is too good for it, she's bored, she's uninterested. KKL can't do it because she doesn't have the gravitas to play a true lead. Morgan Fairchild would be awesome strutting about Forrester Creations, f*cking with peoples lives. But so would the others that have been mentioned in this thread.

• Members

You are right that no one is irreplaceable but Flannery is a real actress. Even bored, she has a presence. You cannot possibly think Morgan Fairchild doing the best work that she is capable would be more interesting than watching Flannery phoning it in. As shown on multiple occasions, bringing in random relics from the 1980s has not improved the lot of any soap. I was taken aback by your statement that dissing an "actress" as horrible as Morgan Fairchild was unacceptable so I did some research on IMDB and can't see any proof that Morgan has proven herself in any project to give her this status. She hasn't spent any more than two years on any show since Search for Tomorrow. No project she was in was a success because of her. She is a one trick pony who would not bring any new energy to B&B, she'd just be playing Jackie Marone II (albeit probably better) with a new name.

I do think that Flannery's time as Stephanie is coming to close shortly though, because I can't see B&B going on much longer. It bleeds W18-49 from Y&R, and CBS will probably want to try to get sampling for one if its cheap new shows after Y&R while the show is still showing signs of life.

• Members

If Flannery is retiring, I hope that Bell pulls off an exit that is fitting of the character. Flannery and her character have been the captain of the show, Bell hasn't done a good job of creating and maintaining strong characters, so the ship might go down once Flannery is gone.

Archived