OLTL: Discussion for the week August 30

• Members

I'm going to disagree with some of this. People have killed for way less in real life. I don't think Eli was ever supposed to stay around for long. IMO, I don't think Eli is any worse than any other villain that's been of other shows as of late. None of the shows know how to really write a good villain these days.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's total B.S. coming from RC. If this was the original plan, then he needs to go back whatever school of writing he came from, and learn how to 1) lay hints and 2) try not make his storylines so disjointed, where it looks like Eli made a complete 360 from the man he was 9 months ago. No one, not one single viewer, could tell this was going to happen when Eli and Blair first hooked up, let alone when Eli first arrived in town.

Hilarious, but incredibly true.

• Members

It would be nice to see at least some thought behind the plot, instead of the convenient 'Eli did EVERYTHING bad that happened in the last six months...whether it made sense or not'. It would be really refreshing to see a laid out whodunit that actually made sense...that hasn't happened in YEARS.

• Members

Blair and Eli's showdown was as rushed, poorly scripted and acted as most climatic moments lately on this soap. Look no further than the Tea is dead reveals. They packed her bags up and rushed back to RC's next plot point.

I respectfully disagree that KDP and MW gave it any dignity. I winced watching that dreadful mess and the only real saving grace was both actors looked as pained as I did by their material. I give KDP a nice nod for looking at camera and all but saying look I know it's bad dialogue, a really sucking ending but bear with me. Then again I feel that way a lot watching OLTL lately.

ITA the show likes KDP a lot. I disagree on comparing her to NLG who can acts circles around her AND most of the rest of daytime's females. ABC prizes cleavage over talent all too often.

As for what to do with Blair? I believe a Dorian/Joey type romance would be solid gold hit for her. KDP sticking her stiletto in Ford's face and twisting into a pretzel was delightfully entertaining. Let KDP play a sexual predator instead of her perpetual victimhood which has drained her character of so much life and interest.

• Members

See I disagree, I expect daddy Ford to storm into Llanview with a vengeance and abuse ALL the Fords including Inez. Then TIIC will say see those poor Fords, doesn't your heart go out to them. Gag.

I do think James and Bobby were cast to look a like and Nate favors his mom's looks more.

• Members

I didn't guess Eli was a serial killer but I there were two scenes I saw signs he be dangerous when crossed. He got pretty menacing with Tea in a couple of early on scenes. I think the plan to expose him as baddy got pushed back for some reason, because his fixation on Tea felt stalkerish.

• Members

:blink: I'm not even sure I quite get it but I'm still shocked :P Doyou just mean they look particularly, well gay? And I agree with Carl--the more OLTL does these campy reasons to have the guys waxed and shirtless, the less, oddly, I find them attractive. And trust me, it's not because I don't like looking at shirtless guys.

For the record I think, face wise, James and Ford do look a lot a like--Nate not much at all. I was ok handling James out of all of them, till they made him obnoxious endlessly texting Starr on that one awful episode. Yeah, that's attractive...

What I still don't get--while some of it is feeble indeed (hoping to distract John by pushing Marty), how did Rodney at the insane asylum know Eli again, in the first place?? And how did Eli find out Melinda saw a pic of him and showed it to Rodney? Even for a soap these are huge, bizarre coincidences. It's not clever, Ron Carlivati, it's just weak--it makes Powell's motivation look Agatha Christie brilliant.

Archived