OLTL: Discussion for the week August 30

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gotta love the gratuitous 20 second scene at the end of James taking off his shirt--complete with a close up pan of his body. WTF? Is this meant to make non fans like him more? Does it seem to anyone even sleazier that he's still essentially meant to be a teen? I really don't understand the thinking behind this show sometimes (ok, lately a lot of the time...)

• Members

Excellent point about Eli and John/Todd, CarlD2. Todd and especially John are included in scenes too many times for no reason. "Inert" is a good way to describe both of them. "Barely aware" describes John to a "T." :) ABC cares even less about rebuilding its first family, the Lords. Viki's sons aren't allowed to return under any circumstances for reasons unknown. They've obliterated her relationship with her brother. Diminished her close ties to his children (see her scenes at his house on Thursday). Her sister won't be allowed back. Her own daughters only talk to her as a last resort, when Gigi or Kelly have run out of sage advice for them.

One thing tho, Joey and Sarah are blood-related. Their mothers had the same father, Victor Lord. They all lived together at Llanfair for several years, back when CJ and Sarah had Tina's blonde hair. They're just not blood-related as Buchanans.

• Members

And I thought just... yesterday he was talking about not even having his GED and Ford was gonna try to pull some strings and he was already registered for classes today? :wacko: Oh Llanview U., what a fine institution you are. (J/T/Bess: Did somebody say 'institution'? :) )

• Members

I always liked Viki's sons, I liked their relationships with their mother and now more than ever I feel like her twin girls have been played to death. Well, Jessica in particular. Still looking forward to this paternity thing, but I hope the show doesn't feel that it's too crowded having Viki's sons around too. That could perhaps be an excuse, but I think the fact is they're more interested in men like Todd and John. And there is still so much mileage to ge gotten out of Kevin and Todd, geesh, Viki bending over backwards for Todd always drove me up a wall yet was oddly intriguing and showed Viki as flawed in spite of herself. NF was my favorite Joey, I've seen more clips of Chris McKenna, the spirit of his Joey too is the kind of Joey I'd like to see back. I always remember ES's sentiment that the show needs a kind-hearted guy like that. Brody is sort of like a tougher Joey who gets more ass.

• Members

OH it's not even on imdb, but you're right! I know it prob woulda been awful, but I wouldn't have minded seeing more of that boarding school. For some reason it strikes me as one of the more interesting areas they recently have shown....

So has Carlivati had much success with ANY original character he's created? He seems, even more than most new HWs to really want to create his own families.

• Members

You know what, ITA with you there. I think I :rolleyes: groaned back then assuming we'd be stuck with a bunch of little rich bratty shitz in Hogwarts minus the magic, but we were really outta there in no time. Wasn't there a jerky guy who Matthew and/or Dani didn't get along with too? I have friends who went to boarding school in MA, I don't think I've ever seen a show that dramatized that experience at length. On soaps, kids used to get sent away to them all the time. Matt and Dani would have totally ended up doing it, maybe that's why we got the hell outta Dodge. :P Nah, but I guess it was just a gateway to intro. Dani and get Matt back on his feet.

Archived