OLTL: Discussion for the week August 30

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He did a Shakespeare intensive at the Public. Yeah, I thought he was coming back, but unless they even out all these new guys with some new girls, I don't see it happening. Unless Markko ends up with nutty buddy HAAAnnah[/starr]. Of course we know

• Members

Viki's speech to Todd in 98's hostage crisis admitted her favoritism of Todd over Kevin. Kevin never will get it either because Viki sees Todd as Victor Lord. The father she hated and loved. She wants to see the good in Todd to believe that there was some good in Victor, too. T&V are very twisted with the whole legacy of Victor haunting her so much she can never look at Todd without seeing her rapist father's specter.

I miss NF's Joey to this day because he was so Joe Riley's son. Kevin is all Buke and I never cared for him at all.

• Members

Disagree. It's Starr who is the incomparable, perfectly pretty princess. Danielle is deeply flawed and written more like Todd. She lashes out, says things she regrets but unlike Todd, she does apologize.

Danielle and Matthew were the first teen couple I had shipped since Lucky and Liz in 98. I usually can't take teen angst but theirs was far deeper story. Danielle and Nate are as shallow as a puddle and he's the one that is the worthless loser, IMO. Matthew will be just fine with some edgey material as he did last summer when he was ripping his parents to shreds, long before Danielle showed up.

John saves the day has worn as exceedingly stale as Jason's shoot-outs. I'm more shocked when a month goes by without such scenes.

• Members

Yeah I decided to become a fulltime Nanny to help save money for grad school this year which took me to a long summer on the Island. Then I read what they were doing to Vange.

I don't think that doctor is attractive like REG is. I don't know what it is but there's something really off with her mouth. I can't stop staring at it and it looks like it is not a part of her face.

• Members

IDA. Their friendshipw as probably the best thing to happen to both characters this year and Im upset that it developped after I dropped the show. They really had little reason to still be fighting all these years as their issues all stemmed from Todd. That triangle is beyond old, tired and played out and did nothing for either but made them come across immature and silly, especially Blair. Once they finally moved her on away from him, she's been shining. Her friendship with Tea wasnt too contrived bc it was rooted in the fact that Tea was dying. Death kinda changes people. Plus they both have kids which they share via their connection to Todd and Blair loves her daughter as Tea loves her children. I thought it was touching and sweet of both women to finally accept each other and work over their issues for the sake of the children and most of all themselves.

• Members

Yeah there was a bratt who came around. I thought he was going to turn out to be Duke and Kelly's son. Yeah if they HAD stayed there I prob woulda complained. And it's usually bad news to break characters into different locales on a soap for a long time--yet I think, if well done, having the "Summer teen scene" all have to do Summer school in some faraway boarding school (even with the Hogswart's [sp?] influence) could wrok really well.

Archived