August 2-6, 2010

Toups

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I use to love Kendall but they overexposed her and now I just can't stand her. That's one reason I stopped watching AMC.

I was going to say...ummmm...only Y&R went up in HH's...but they dropped in Viewers...just odd...so only one went up..but not really..guess Toups is going with Total Viewers...at this point you have to be positive where soaps are concerned...lol

• Members

Yeah that story unfolded throughout the whole week, Friday was when Bo arrested Hope and booked her. Kristian Alfonso did some great work. That week also included Brady and Nicole hooking up (and then he dumped her in an angry rage), and Daniel/Chloe/Carly/Melanie stuff (which i thought was actually pretty entertaining).

• Members

I liked Kendall when she first showed up but inevitably she shoved me out the door

it became the Kendall show and that isn't what AMC was about for me because I watched long before

she showed up and "for that" I loathe the character

they leeched her to Thorsten's Zach and I tried to put up with them because I'm a

Thorsten fan but just couldn't hack it. It was easy to give it up once they Ko'd Danni

and then no Olivia. Ryan is the worse actor and I refused so sit through

it..he only sealed the deal. He may have gotten better by now but it was just too

much good stuff out here and I didn't have time for AMC. I catch Angie / Jesse on clips

I refuse to get sucked back into that vortex...

Then I tuned back for Jake because I'm a RPG fan then w/Amanda they had amazing chemistry

but they broke up and I got David..so I never went back after they finally let Pratt go.

as for GH on Friday Sonny reminices about Brenda in a Flashback of when the

writing was better.

• Members

I honestly would have thought that with all the Brenda promo, people would have tuned in this week to see how they were prepping for her return..Guess not.

I think people are sick of the Sonny show. I think Brenda will help boost the ratings, but I don't know how long it will stick. I'm afraid anyone who tunes back in will just tune back out when they see that the Hospital is a mere background, and all the legacy characters are dead, long gone, or dayplayers.

I think GH would fare better if they brought back characters like Laura, Lucy, Kevin, Allan, Georgie, Felicia, Lesley, Bobbie, Scott, Jeff, etc.

Have a week long break from GH. Air classic episodes featuring those characters every day of one week. Advertise the return of General Hospital's roots. Advertise Sonny and Jason's departure. Make adds saying "It's OK...THis is General Hospital again...Come back longtime viewers!"...That might boost ratings.

• Members

Those people tuned in this week. The people who will come back for Vanessa Marcil aren't interested in the prep, they want to see their girl. They stopped watching GH and there's no reason to tune back in until they know the show has the real thing. And if the story doesn't make them happy, they'll tune right back out again.

• Members

I guess after a pretty good week for soaps we have to expect these kind of drops the following week now. Amazing how ATWT is still rolling even though its dead, still gaining viewers on some weeks. Once the fall comes I expect these numbers to get out of this dry summer run and get back to where they were back in the winter when they were higher than usual.

ABC has a big week in from of them this week with Kendall returning to AMC and the biggest return for any soap in sometime with Vanessa Marcil back on GH. Both shows need to grow or its a bad sign if they don't. If Brenda is treated right GH can continue the momentum of this Franco stuff during July and raise themselves back to 3 million viewers on a regular basis.

For DAYS the show isn't very watchable right now and hasn't really been all summer but I already knew this coming in so no surprise to me its doing this bad right now but I do expect it to grow again in the fall when they actually start trying again b/c they've got some good stuff coming during November Sweeps.

• Members

The Bells/Sony would be SMART to find a cable home for Y&R before ratings gets much worse. The writing is currently shallow, weak and poor ( as well as some of the actors); however, the Y&R lead in ratings means that people really do like the program. I could see it doing well on the new OWN, Lifetime or even TNT airing twice daily as a daytime and 10pm prime time show. People still love soaps and that is pretty clear when you look at just how many people are watching Days and Y&R online--they are both in the top five of all online TV traffic. B&B could live on but only if Y&R remains strong and the Bells demand that the show be part of any deal. Running as a 1.5 hour block, I could see both shows hanging on. B&B on CBS is doomed! They are at the same place ATWT was two years ago--ouch! Not even the Brooke sexual malfunction or Amber return did anything to boost rating. I know summer if rough but the directly follow Y&R is the East and should rating higher--ingaine if they had a weaker lead. I love the manner in which ATWT is up over last year with only modest upgrades in writing/cast. With the proper production/writing, ATWT could be in third or fouth place. I don't get what is happening with AMC because the show isn't half bad these days. Somehow, OLTL has managed to maintain a pretty steady lead, most importantly in demos, and I think it gonna stick.

Archived