August 2-6, 2010

Toups

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If The Talk is put in Y&R's timeslot, it wouldn't be going up against The View. It will probably be put on at 12pm or 12:30pm (EST), in which case they will get the lead-in from TPIR and that late morning/lunchtime crowd The View has.

Now that it's no longer sandwiched between Y&R and ATWT, B&B is really vulnerable. It is only 30 minutes. Most affiliates will just drop for whatever and keep Y&R. Don't some stations air B&B a day behind in the morning or late-night/early morning slots anyway?

Why start this argument again? :unsure:

• Members

I'm beginning to think it would help to have a separate AMC vs. OLTL cancellation fight thread where people can just keep having this battle since it seems to have nothing to do with the actual numbers from week to week yet it routinely hijacks the ratings thread. Fortunately next week, we'll be able to talk about the rating effect of Brendarama.

• Members

I'll have to check that out to see..Y&R already has a later slot in many markets. As per the View... on my Kansas city ABC afilliate, it airs directly opposite Y&R at 11AM, while on my Columbia/Jefferson City ABC affiliate it airs an hour before, at 10 AM. I suppose I was under the impression that the affiliates aired all this stuff whenever they wanted to... I know that of all 7 of the CBS afilliates in the state of Missouri, only one airs Y&R at 12:30 PM, heck the biggest market in the state, St. Louis, puts it on at 4 PM. Maybe 4 PM might be better, anyway... you'd get the after school crowd and alot of Oprah's old viewers once she goes off next year.

• Members
YES!

They would get Y&R's lunchtime crowd(an already established, built-in audience), lead-in from TPIR, and people who watch The View on ABC.

And as I said before, even if The Talk wasn't able to generate the kind of demos Y&R was able to do, the show would still be profitable because it's costs to produce are cheaper than that of a serial. Especially if CBS owns part of the show with Sara Gilbert's production company.

The Talk is not afternoon fare. The level of "stars" they have attached to this project, coupled with Bloom's comments about assembling the best lineup leads me to believe that Bloom will most certainly throw Y&R under the bus for Chen's project. Of course this is me guessing, but Bloom doesn't see herself as a champion of daytime drama, especially after the disgusting lack of respect on the part of Maria Bell. Bloom is eyeing Nancy Tellem/Dawn Ostroff territory by replacing soaps with lower-cost fare instead of fighting for the genre that was her meal ticket into her current position. She's allowing Maria to self-destruct at Y&R because a.)it's good to say "I told you so." and b.) it makes it easier for her to justify moving it's timeslot or canceling the show.

That's very few stations though. I do think affiliates will want more news time from the noon/1PM hour and will use B&B's timeslot to do it.

• Members

Right now

Y&R 11 am

News Noon

B&B 12:30 pm

ATWT 1:00 pm

LMAD 2:))

If they put the new talk show in Y&R slot it will compete with The View. Unless they move the news to 11 am followed by new talk show at 11:30 pm followed by Y&R at 12:30 pm...then B&B at 1:30 pm.

• Members

Let me see if I've got this straight.

• The Talk (what a putrid name) like The View isn't syndicated so it's going to play in the same time in every market i.e. what is currently ATWT's slot. However LMAD I&II are syndicated on CBS affiliates and airtimes are generally scattered among GL's old timeslots. Am I right so far?
  • The Nate Berkus reality show is "100%" syndicated so it can end up on any channel in any market but it's an Oprah property and is only a go for 8 eps.
  • ABC doesn't have any replacements ready for it's soaps, correct? The Aisha Tyler project has been scrapped and there's nothing else in development that has any real legs.
  • NBC's The Real Housewives is a done deal and already in promotion in some markets.

Corrections/additions/input are welcomed and craved.

• Members

LMAD isn't syndicated; it's part of CBS daytime, but for some odd reason, CBS doesn't include it in its daytime Nielsen ratings. Instead, it's always listed separately.

As for ABC, they do have a couple projects to potentially replace either AMC or OLTL: an hour long news show, eyed for a 12/1 timeslot (where AMC currently airs, although AMC could move to OLTL's slot), and a Tori Spelling talk show (was scrolling to see if we had a vomiting emoticon to insert here, but alas, we don't :D )

Oops, forgot to add.....NBC-owned affiliates will also air The Nate Berkus Show (which CAN show up on any local affiliate, except in a market where NBC owns their affiliate, in which case it will air on that NBC station). AND...NBC affiliates will also air the new "Access Hollywood Live" during the daytime, as well as the "Real Housewives" show you mentioned.

• Members

-The Talk is a network show, like The View. The View, in most parts of the country, plays at the same time every day with a few exceptions.

-Let's Make a Deal is a network show, not syndicated. Affiliates are allowed to shift and move programming around depending on what the networks will allow(IIRC). CBS affiliates(especially those owned and operated by the network) were encouraged to place Let's Make a Deal before The Price is Right. Some have chosen to put Deal on in what used to be GL's 3PM timeslot.

-Nate Berkus is syndicated.

-The Real Housewives reruns in daytime are syndicated. NBC's Owned and Operated stations are doing this media blitz with Housewives reruns because those affiliates have The Real Housewives reruns. However, a FOX station in, say, Mobile, AL, might carry The Real Housewives reruns.

• Members

Thank you. I forgot about Tori Spelling (proof that there is a loving and merciful God) but I can't recall anything about the news show.

I stand by my belief that the network would do better to show reruns of dramas than to stuff talk/news shows into soaps timeslots. There's a market for serialized drama.

• Members

LMAD is staying at the 2pm timeslot here. They have The Nate Berkus Show before TPIR.

Hahahahahahaha(laughing at LMAD atrocious demos not you Toups)....sounds familiar..oh yeah I just said that....thanks for the confirmation Toups.......Eat it CBS! :lol:

Archived