MTV Video Music Awards

Adam

• Members

I have to disagree, I thought Chelsea did an amazing job hosting!! She was hilarious! I was SHOCKED at the beginning, with that part with her and Lindsay Lohan ohmy.gif Out of everyone Chelsea makes fun of, Lindsay takes the cake as the one Chelsea does it to the most!! And she is HARSH, lol...so I found it very surprising to see those two interacting, and in such a nice way. That part was so funny.

Kanye West's new song, WTF?? Who would listen to that?? JMO, but I thought it sucked.

Love Lady Gaga and I was so happy with all of her wins. Her outfits never fail to surprise, WOW @ that first dress she was wearing! And those shoes! I love her anyways, all of her speeches were beautiful, especially when she won video of the year. I can't wait to hear her new song.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Chelsea was GREAT! I don't think she wrote her own stuff though, or at least not all of it...Because she is way more crass on E, so I'm sure she would have been on MTV, too.

I LOVED her opening where she was Lady Gaga and had the house on her head..Bahahaha.

A few of my favorite moments from the show:

"The VMA's are pretty notorious for the mishaps that go on here, and it is my worst nightmare that this year, everyone will decide to behave. Sooo, if anyone wnats to let their nipple up for a little air, GO AHEAD...Again, I'm talkin to YOU Taylor Swift....I would have directed that comment to Snooki, but her nipple is already out! Woops!"

"Now it's time to address the big, black, elephant in the room....Where are you Kanye?"

"What do you mean that's not a wig? I know a piece when I see a piece...If that's not a wig, why are you getting so defensive? GIVE ME YOUR WIG."

"Mariah Carey couldn't be hear tonight, because tomorrow is Nick Cannon's first day of preschool."

All of those are paraphrased, of course...I thought she was HILAROUS...I never miss an episode of Chelsea Lately....Hey, why isn't there a Chelsea Lately discussion thread? Hmmmm..

Taylor's song was CUTE. I loved it. Kanye's sucked so hard. It was the only performance I couldn't sit through...I went to get something to eat :P

Florence and the Machine HANDS DOWN best performance of the night. LOOOOOVED it. Should have one for best Video of the Year, too.

Lady Gaga needs to have a seat. And STOP CHANGING HER OUTFIT....There's no reason to wear five different dresses when you're not even a host....And sweethart, pick something you can stand/walk in next time. I like her, but she didn't deserve to win in every damn category...They should have just named it "The Lady Gaga Awards with Performances by..."

Overall, the awards part was kind of dumb...Gaga overtake pissed me off. Glad 30 Seconds to Mars won, though.

Chelsea wasgreat.

• Members

I thought Chelsea was GREAT! I don't think she wrote her own stuff though, or at least not all of it...Because she is way more crass on E, so I'm sure she would have been on MTV, too.

I LOVED her opening where she was Lady Gaga and had the house on her head..Bahahaha.

A few of my favorite moments from the show:

"The VMA's are pretty notorious for the mishaps that go on here, and it is my worst nightmare that this year, everyone will decide to behave. Sooo, if anyone wnats to let their nipple up for a little air, GO AHEAD...Again, I'm talkin to YOU Taylor Swift....I would have directed that comment to Snooki, but her nipple is already out! Woops!"

"Now it's time to address the big, black, elephant in the room....Where are you Kanye?"

"If anyone wants to start a little mayhem...I smuggled in a couple sawed off shotguns you could borrow. Security didn't check me...Because I'm white."

"What do you mean that's not a wig? I know a piece when I see a piece...If that's not a wig, why are you getting so defensive? GIVE ME YOUR WIG."

"Mariah Carey couldn't be hear tonight, because tomorrow is Nick Cannon's first day of preschool."

All of those are paraphrased, of course...I thought she was HILAROUS...I never miss an episode of Chelsea Lately....Hey, why isn't there a Chelsea Lately discussion thread? Hmmmm..

Taylor's song was CUTE. I loved it. Kanye's sucked so hard. It was the only performance I couldn't sit through...I went to get something to eat :P

Florence and the Machine HANDS DOWN best performance of the night. LOOOOOVED it. Should have one for best Video of the Year, too.

Lady Gaga needs to have a seat. And STOP CHANGING HER OUTFIT....There's no reason to wear five different dresses when you're not even a host....And sweethart, pick something you can stand/walk in next time. I like her, but she didn't deserve to win in every damn category...They should have just named it "The Lady Gaga Awards with Performances by..."

Overall, the awards part was kind of dumb...Gaga overtake pissed me off. Glad 30 Seconds to Mars won, though.

Chelsea wasgreat.

• Members

I love Chelsea Handler, but unfortunately her brand of humour didn't really seem to mesh with the tone that was the MTV VMA's..... the odd joke was funny, but most of the time she just felt awkward and nervous. I was really excited to see her host, but I was disappointed.

I am actually surprised with the amount of GaGa love... I totally was expecting Eminem to own her for Video of the Year, because to MTV Eminem seems like some god like figure and they promoted his performence like it was his second coming to the world of music. The performence sucked IMO. Rihanna seemed like she was high... or at the very least exhausted. She was not into it at all. I was glad GaGa won though, and do think it was deserved. Her videos are technical masterpieces and actually give the video genre some hope. I do think the tears and the little impromptu singing though was just a tad pretentious. I haven't decided if this type of display from her is genuine or just all for show. With her being so over the top in nature, it really is hard to tell. I doubt we'll never know for sure.

Cher presenting her the award though was the highlight of the night. The only thing better would have been Madonna presenting the award.

• Members

My view of the awards in a nutshell:

Handler, while not on the top of her game was still funny, and compared to some of the previous hosts I thoroughly enjoyed.

Taylor Swift can't sing.

Kanye's performance wasn't that bad, but his performances as usual scream "pretentious"

I love Lady Gaga and all the praise she's getting, but I'm waiting for her to surprise me, not in a "She's doing something shocking." but in a "She's very talented." way. The meat dress didn't surprise me.

Archived