AMC: Friday, August 6, 2010

• Members

LOL at JR's rap sheet. I'm sure there a couple of crimes there missing too. :lol:

It doesn't matter I still love him, they could have him drown puppies and I would love him.

Scott is a hypocrite though, acting all offended because JR "stole" Cortlandt Ent. from Caleb (which coincidentally enough is probably what will save his sorry behind)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You all are purposely avoiding the point I'm making just because WE ALL HATE MARISSA!

I'm saying, Marissa has set up boundaries in her relationship with Krystal. Her relationship with Krystal is cool until those boundaries are crossed. Just like, dare I say, in our own lives, some people can get away with telling us things that other people can't because of the boundaries we set in place for those particular relationships. It's not that Marissa doesn't want to hear it. It's just Marissa doesn't want to hear it from Krystal. Why? Because, probably, Marissa feels Krystal is stepping into a role that Marissa doesn't want her in. The Maternal Role. Why doesn't she want her in that role? Because she had a mother she loved dearly and baby-selling Krystal doesn't come close to filling those shoes in her eyes and doesn't want Krystal acting as if she can. So the baby selling remark comes out to remind Krystal to back the hell up and know her position. It has nothing to do with what Krystal is saying. It has to do with what Krystal is doing -- stepping out of bounds. Hate Marissa, think she's a bore all you want -- but it doesn't change the fact that Krystal was being relentless. Marissa clearly wasn't being receptive, but it didn't matter. Krystal was going to smother Marissa with motherly concern whether she wanted it or not. Krystal was being totally selfish in that situation and got slapped back down to size. Krystal didn't just say, "Marissa, I see you're headed for heartbreak," and Marissa went, "What do you care? YOU SOLD ME AT BIRTH!" Krystal kept pushing, and pushing. Marissa said she didn't want to hear it. But still, Krystal pushed and pushed.

Was it the most mature thing to do? No. Was it understandable and within character for this particular situation? Yes. Krystal needs to be reminded that there is that HUGE roadblock in her relationship with Marissa, and that no amount of ignoring it and smothering the grown woman with unsolicited maternal wisdom is going to change that.

• Members

I get what you're saying R, and I respect it, but I totally didn't see the scene like that at all. I don't hate Marissa, I just think she's extremely weak and in terrible need of some assertiveness training. If you're interpretation is correct, then IMO, Marissa should have said just that to Krystal. "Stop trying to be my mother, because you are not." The way she was talking, it seemed more like she thought Krystal didn't want her to succeed (in her marriage, in her career) because she isn't Babe.

• Members

Caught up! Good ol' AMC.

Even after 5 months, still not sure I'm ready for Kendall/Zach... I of course love Alicia, but Kendall/Zach have killed me in the previous 5 years at least. Which for some reason reminds me, Bianca wasn't on at all this week! Guess they are still trying to figure out Reese, and due to the press releases lately, I'm assuming this relationship will go south bc negotations have not been made yet...

AMS --- are you the one from Austin/Round Rock TX???

• Members

When the hell did I do that? I said difference between Scott and him and most of the town is he accepts it. He knows he ain't perfect, he knows what he does, does he care most of the time? No. Scott that's a different story

Scott steals from a dead person, yet to him JR fisted the Cortlandts buying thier company. :lol:

Archived