AMC: Friday, August 6, 2010

• Members

Does anyone remember when JR called Annie "Annie Nicole Smith"?? LOL!!! I just thought of that. It happened a year ago, wow look how far they've come ;-).

Marian has been in Oakhaven for over a year to, It would be nice to see Liza turn to her rather than KWAK (though I do kind of like them as friends)! Omg AMC, get her out of the psych ward already! Bring back Jennifer Bassey!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel exactly the same. And just to be on the safe side, I'll also add DROFGNILLAWRELYTHSILGNEEBEOHP, DROFGNILLAWRELYTHSILGNEEBEOHP, DROFGNILLAWRELYTHSILGNEEBEOHP!

I'm still holding out hope for Damon/Liza actually developing feelings for each other.

It's about time a soap character truly went blind with no last-minute miracle cure. I'm sick of paralysis and blindness stories because we know they have no lasting effects. If Angie insists on carrying to term, it would make for a better overall story, imo, for her to go permanently blind in the process.

That's how I feel about Marissa's behavior yesterday, too. She only brings it up when KWAK says something she doesn't want to hear. It would be different if Marissa's anger at KWAK was always simmering below the surface, but as someone else pointed out, 95% of the time Marissa acts as if she likes KWAK. Hopefully they'll eventually have a major confrontation and Marissa will get everything she's bottled up out in the open.

• Members

I'm still hopeful that Angie's story will go somewhere unexpected. Not just birth, blindness and Christmas miracle but even if it is, this is a story that's going to be built on the performances of the actors so I think we'll be fine.

Good to know that somebody here has taken my warnings seriously. My Book of Shadows is going to get one hell of a workout over the next few months.

I might've cared more about what Marissa was saying if I wasn't so focused on the fact that she had on the belt I wore to the New Edition concert in 1985.

Marian and Hilary are the two missing pieces of this story. They are both sorely needed, especially with Adam gone.

• Members

Well, dig deeper. If the idea is that she seemingly likes Krystal 95% of time, and only brings it up when Krystal's telling her something she "doesn't want to hear," maybe that's a big ass clue for Krystal to back the hell off! It might not be that Marissa doesn't want to hear what's being said -- she just doesn't want to hear it from Krystal. Why? Because of the fact that Marissa feels that kind of relationship isn't the one she'd like to have with Krystal -- the kind where Krystal acts like a doting mother despite the fact she sold her baby on the black market. What was totally missed in my point earlier was the fact that Marissa probably has reconciled in her head that their relationship can work if Krystal can just stay the nice lady that's friendly who shows up every once in a while. NOT as a mother. When Krystal oversteps those boundaries, yeah, it makes Marissa want to throw it back in Krystal's face, "Back up, I had a mother -- you're not it since you sold me, so slow your roll!"

But, then again, "character driven" actually means something to me, instead of a buzz word or Greenlee saying how strong she is every five lines of dialogue. So what the hell do I know?

• Members

Does Marissa use the fact that Krystal sold her as a baby to explain or justify the foolish choices she makes? Is she like KNOTS LANDING's Joshua Rush, telling her mother that if she's a monster, then it's only b/c "I am what you made me (by abandoning me as a child)!"? If so, then (ideally) she needs to come to grips with it and move on. There's allowing something in your past to define who you are (or more appropriately, who you aren't) today and who you will be tomorrow; and then, there's using that history as a crutch - or worse, as something to manipulate others into doing your bidding. As far as I am concerned, Marissa might throw up the knowledge that she was sold as a child just to remind Krystal, "Hey, you are the last one to tell me what I'm doing is wrong"; at some point, however, Krystal does need to say, "I might not be able to speak to you as your mother, but as someone who's made plenty of mistakes in her life, I can tell you that what you're doing or thinking about doing will end up being more trouble than it's worth!" Then, whether Marissa chooses to heed her advice - again, not as a parent, but as a concerned friend or third-party who doesn't want to see her hurt - is entirely up to her.

• Members

There's that, too. No one is forcing a gun to Marissa's head, demanding that she make Krystal a part of her life (let alone, someone to go to for advice or help), "or else." Therefore, does Marissa turn to Krystal because she genuinely desires her help and consul; or does she do it, b/c she somehow believes Krystal "owes" her this for giving her up as a baby? Personally, I think it's the latter.

My mother was abandoned at five years old by my biological grandmother, who never made the effort to track her down (or any of my mom's eighteen siblings). My mother, through her siblings, was reintroduced to my grandmother decades after the fact. However, even then, she didn't bother fostering a new relationship w/ the woman out of some need to "take back those lost years," or anything like that (and neither did my bio grandmom, for that matter). Why? As my mother explained it to me: one, she still had a perfectly good adoptive mother (the woman I've always thought of as my grandmother) who'd been there, raising her and one of her younger siblings; and two, any woman who'd allow the state to take away nineteen children w/o so much as a fight (for custody) wasn't worth getting to know. "She had her chance...and she blew it."

It seems to me, at least, Marissa continues making Krystal such a factor in her life and in her decision-making, even though she knows what she knows about her, because she demands or even expects Krystal to do what she was supposed to do had she been a "real mom" to her all along. Well, honey, I'm sorry to say this to you, but if you want to regard Krystal as a mom from now on, then you have to accept that, like all mothers, she ain't perfect; and that she'll tell you even what you don't want to hear, whether you like and agree with it or not.

• Members

I don't know what you want Krystal to do (besides die), then. She doesn't harass Marissa or blow up her phone trying to make up for her past sins. Most of the time when she ends up dispensing advice to Marissa, it's because Marissa's initiated the conversation. She talks about her and JR's fairy tale future, and Krystal (and David before her) is able to see the situation for what it is and tries to warn the girl. In that conversation, the past doesn't matter because Krystal selling her as a baby does not change the fact that Marissa is going about the entire thing all wrong. Anyone else familiar with the quad's current dynamics would give her the exact same advice. The only difference is that with Krystal, she has this completely unrelated thing to throw in her face. For everyone else, she'll just whimper away because they don't want to fight her battles for her.

And I don't think it's about Marissa not wanting Krystal to be a mother to her this late in the game. If that was her prerogative, then fine, she's more than entitled to that. But I see it like this: if Krystal's advice was "All right, you just relax, Mama's gonna fix everything, Mama's gonna make up for all the bad things she's done, and Mama's gonna get that evil Annie out of the picture and make JR love you!" Marissa would have absolutely no problem with that.

In essence, Marissa needs to man up.

• Members

No, what Marissa needs to do is remember the old adage: "If you love someone, set them free. If they don't come back to you, then it wasn't meant to be."

Forget for the moment that Krystal is Marissa's bio mom. Let's just say she was/is a "friend of the family." Provided that she would advise or consul Marissa the same way, how would you look at Marissa's general reaction(s)? If someone gave you advice that you didn't necessarily want to hear, the adult and mature thing to do would be to say, "You know what? I appreciate your taking the time to help, but...Ima be me, and do what I gotta." Conversely, throwing something in their face that's entirely unrelated to the subject at hand - "Oh, you're just saying that b/c," blah blah blah - isn't.

Now, Marissa might have leverage over Krystal, but she should be mature enough to leave it in the past where it belongs. And if she isn't, then Krystal should at least ask, "What does that (the fact that I sold you as a baby) have to do with my seeing that you're heading for heartbreak?".

• Members

Wellzzz... it's simple, (the fact that you sold me at birth) is being used here shows Marissa has not forgiven that, nor should she. Hell no one would. But srsly that's a power card.

'YOU SOLD ME AT BIRTH!' that's an end of conversation line if I ever heard one, It buys you 5-10 seconds to have them STFU while you exit a room. :lol:

And so is this :D

ru3er5.jpg

2q8uam9.jpg

Oh I can't wait till Scott questions JR's tactics again, nothing like pulling the..'wait a minute..didn't you steal from a dead person?' card.

Archived