AMC: Friday, August 6, 2010

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to sound insensitive to people afflicted by vision impairment, but for the sake of story movement.... can't Angie just go blind already? Every Friday the Hubbard cliffhanger is "Oh no, Angie is losing her eyesight".

• Members

That's one of those old tenets that need to be adapted for the modern age. Like "an angry viewer is an engaged viewer." Make them wait too long and you lose them. That said I don't think this has gone on that long but it feels like it's the same scene over and over. That should change as more people find out about her condition.

• Members

So it looks like Angie will give birth around November sweeps. I still think she'll have a Christmas miracle and get her sight back after talking with Father Clarence in the hospital Chapel. Although, did Father Clarence make the move to Los Angeles? :unsure:

• Members

Honestly, I feel like Christmas is too soon. :lol: It's August already, four months of pregnancy and blindnes wrapped up in a neat little bow seems too short, I need to be put through the emotional wringer a little longer. ^_^

• Members

I don't know how DM feels about it, but I'd also like to see Angie as a visually impaired functioning member of society, at least for a little while. I think that could be interesting, with her miracle cure coming when we'd almost "gotten used to" her condition.

• Members

In the name of Myrtle Fargate, PLEASE STOP!!!

*sprinkles sage around the thread* "Terra, vente, ignis et pluvia. Cuncta quattuor numina, vos obsecro. Defendete nos a recente malo resoluto. Omnia vasa veritatis!"

Okay I've protected the show against Frons but I don't know how long the spell will last.

*faints*

• Members

They've got him locked up in storage, haven't had time to unpack him yet.

Damon does too. Liza's totally over it now that it's all out in the open and her daughter loathes her, but Damon's a 19-year-old boy who almost got laid by Jamie damn Luner. He won't be letting that possibility fade from his memory any time soon...

I'd love it if they simply had her go blind. That's it. No miracle cure, no eleventh hour rescue. Angie Hubbard learns to cope with going blind and raising a child in her late 40s. Debbi would be guaranteed the Emmy for each of the next ten years.

*dies*

Archived