July 19-23, 2010

Toups

• Members

Um....For you information, OLTL has NOT had a major lead on AMC in the demos for weeks. One week they are ahead by .1 but then tied the next week. OLTL is still IMO the weakest soap.

And it's true what they say about the name brand. Sometimes a network will keep a show just to say I have "this show"

I don't want to see any soaps go. It seems like you want AMC gone so OLTL can be safe.

Right now NO ABC soap is safe.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm happy for my show. That's what I want to see for AMC: slow, steady progress. Okay maybe not this slow. ^_^ But I don't want any of that "This show is on fire right now!" cheerleading because as we can see from DAYS, those words are a curse. Is there anything that could've happened to cause DAYS drop? Were they bumped in some major markets for some local news reason?

Name value = money. It's branding. There's a reason Susan Lucci just got a book contract. People know who she is and when it's published every book signing will be additional promotion for AMC. She's essentially the ambassador for AMC, ABCD and soaps in general.

• Members

How is OLTL the weakest soap, when it has better demos? Even if they are tied with AMC some weeks, wouldn't the show that consistently has the worst demos be the weakest?

Name brand doesn't equal money or they would have just cancelled OLTL instead of cutting 20 episodes per year.

You make it seem like you want OLTL gone so AMC can be safe. Everytime there's a bad week for OLTL you come out with this mess about the show getting cancelled, but you seemed to be nowhere to be found when AMC was in 6th place two weeks ago.

Not a crazy OLTL fanboy, but am tired of the show being dismissed and proclaimed as the show that will die just because it doesn't have a "name".

Does anyone remember Another World being cancelled over Sunset Beach? Surely, AW had more name but it still got canned. It was more expensive and wasn't making any money. The DC crew seem to be saying the same about AMC. They were moved to LA, because they needed to cut costs and save it, and it may be backfiring.

OLTL isn't good right now, and I will be the first to admit it. But wouldn't take anything more than Frons backing off, and maybe a new HW to fix.

And GH is safe. I won't start worrying about that show until ABC cans one of the other soaps. They are putting alot of faith in Vanessa Marcil/Brenda, and I hope it works. Not just for GH, but all of ABC Daytime.

• Members

DAYS is boring as hell, and it's catching up with them. I am glad they are last in viewers, hopefully this will signify some changes. The ratings have been sinking for the past 6 months, and they have lost nearly a million viewers since February. Not good.

• Members

The AMC/OLTL wars again this week.

Both shows suck...sorry Eric ;) I cant get through a whole eppy of AMC. It is still a very bad soap. OLTL is just laughable at the moment. It's a trainwreck!! I dont see how it is back up ahead of ATWT and Days. I actually think Days is a better soap than OLTL. The Ford brothers=failure!

• Members

LOL sorry, I know OLTL sucks ass. I even started a thread about it earlier this month. And some AMC fanboys, not every AMC fan comes into this thread and on other boards screaming that OLTL is dead. It is so annoying, I am no longer wasting my time trying to figure out which one will be cancelled, but in just about every aspect I see no reason why AMC couldn't be cancelled. I could care less because neither show will survive long without the other.

• Members

It's not a war, it's a slap fight. "You suck!" "You suck more!"

Truthfully, unless Frons leaves, it's all a waiting game. Everything that man touches is cursed. Look at the insane Marcil Masturbationfest. That's a perfect example of how he kills the very thing he supposedly loves.

• Members

Different strokes. There is no way in heck that either Days or ATWT is better than OLTL. OLTL has some bad points but it's not worst. I record ATWT everyday too and what was ATWT is long gone. As far as Days, it makes Bold and the Beautiful look like Shakespeare, but like I said, different strokes.

Archived