July 19-23, 2010

Toups

• Members

What's with the eyeroll? I have seen time and time again that OLTL saves money because they are able to shoot episodes quickly and have more dark weeks. That certainly could save money. That's one of the many reasons DAYS is so cheap right now.

Who was talking about Dorian? Someone talks about precious Erica and you need to try to attack an OLTL character? :lol: :lol: :lol: It's not that serious.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The simple fact that he speaks of crap like Bob Woods in a tub of tomato juice as being necessary just makes me shake my head. Noooo. No. No.

No.

Considering the poster said that he can't/won't watch AMC partly because Erica is a cartoon, I think it's a legitimate point to bring up Dorian, whose current antics should require a mention of Hanna-Barbera in the credits.

• Members

All this OLTL bashing is getting old and very childish. Never have I bashed AMC. I just point out the facts like Erika Slezak winning 6 emmys over Susan Luccis 1, Susan Lucci looking like she never eats and doesnt dress her age. Please Susan, ur not 30 years old. Ur in ur 60s. Dress it. Also is OLTL wasnt such a success, AMC wouldve never hit the airwaves.

Really, I dont want anymore soaps to be cancelled. But Im sure when OLTL is cancelled, there will be big parties on this board. If AMC cancelled first I wouldnt do that to the fans. I only say what I say to defend OLTL.

• Members

But the thing is this: We, AMC fans, do not give a daaaamn.

You're taking this way too personally. Recite all the facts you want (by the way, Natalia Livingston has an Emmy over Beverlee McKinsey's zero, so...um yeah, fine reasoning), but don't get all sensitive when others state their opinions.

• Members

I tried to stay out of this OLTL vs. AMC crap based on Toups warning a month ago, but I will once again admit:

I HATE AMC. Everything about it. The most overrated and overpraised soap ever.

And it is always hilarious how our signatures and avatars give our agendas away. Just own it. And let's move on.

AMC WILL OUTLAST OLTL, as much as it pains me to say it. So the prospect of hearing the AMC fans cries of pain over getting a heap of useless, garbage characters from OLTL (Kristen Alderson, the Fords, Rex and Gigi) will be -ever- so satisfying.

Oh and I know how WONDERFUL AMC is right now, and how its one of the ONLY soaps to show growth year to date.

Sleep with one eye open AMC fans! WITH ONE EYE OPEN! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

:)

• Members

Interesting that when quoting me you left out this part: "I don't care which show goes first, merging shows would kill the remaining one with the quickness."

Yes I hate OLTL but my point was that if the shows merge the result will be pure Frons. Nobody wins then.

• Members

How do we know AMC will outlast it? Because of some baseless rumors from Nelson Branco?

I am sorry but there is no reason to believe AMC will outlast, and I will continue to say it until it happens. I think OLTL will last longer, but I will happily admit me being wrong if it doesn't. This name brand/Susan Lucci argument doesn't fly with me. Who cares if more people know AMC? They still aren't watching. AMC would have been cancelled, had it not been moved to LA so obviously it is the weaker soap of the two financial wise, we will see once it happens. But all arguments aside both shows will die 6 months-1 year between each other, so neither side will truly "win".

• Members

Well I heard Jamey say so on the DC Podcast discussing the move. Apparently moving it to LA, was the only way ABC would be able to keep 3 soaps in production. Seeing as though they didn't do anything to OLTL, I took it as though AMC was bleeding money and the move to LA was to help stop the bleeding. Jamey has been proven to have reliable sources time and time again, so I believe him.

Archived