Susan Lucci to Pen Memoir

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore. Articles such as these make it sound as if La Lucci was/is insecure about her fading status on AMC (and that Gellar's just an absolute doll to work with); yet, other stories - not just from AMC set-siders, but even folks who worked w/ SMG on "Buffy" - make it seem the other way around (namely, that Gellar's prissy diva). Like I said, I don't know what to believe. Is it possible that the change in storytelling, thanks to then-new HW Megan McTavish, had a lot to do with it?

It does seem to me, though, that the show definitely was grooming SMG to be the next-generation Erica - except what SMG lacked that SL didn't was an ability to connect with the audience on a deeply personal level. No matter how rotten Erica would act sometimes BITD, you still rooted for her, b/c her innate insecurity and vulnerability always came to the surface. (Plus, it helped tremendously, I think, to have Mona always in her corner, rationalizing her daughter's actions, but never letting her off the hook.) SMG's Kendall, OTOH, what just a b***h you wanted to choke.

• Members

I am sure she has had an enjoyable life, but there really isn't much professionally to fill a book with. She really only has had one TV job regularly, plus a few TV movies and a month long stint on Dallas. She can't even tell all about the big shots she has worked with because she never worked with anybody other than the a handful of people most people never heard of.

• Members

A little off topic, but can we have Kristina Malandro help Susan with her book, like Felicia helped Lila on GH? I would love to hear her run around town saying, "memoir" in that faux-french high-pitched screech that dominated GH in the fall of 2004.

Archived