AMC: Thursday July 22, 2010

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It could be that the writing isn't there for Scott (and really, I wonder if Scott will ever be of use to this show w/o Cindy there as his mom), or it could be that AM simply isn't working in this role. Frankly, it's hard for me to decide which, but I think AMC needs to wake up and do something if we're this far into the game and it still feels like it's his first week on the job.

• Members

Pairing him w/ Annie isn't doing him wonders either. It's funny b/c there isn't what they were hoping. I mean Scott is cute and I don't hate him, but he needs to roll away from Jannie.

Srsly..he comes down stairs and forget about Scott.

10e1mb6.jpg

zn1yq1.jpg

Dee Dee, I know you're somewhere, it's there again.

• Members

LOL Dee Dee, YES!:lol:

Natalia and him would be interesting, but I think GreenMe or Madison or Randi would do him wonders. I think Scott can't be 100% good, he needs to develop lusting for a woman, otherwise he is just gonna be there. A rivalry w/ Frankie or Ryan would be perfect. Frankie is already giving Madison too much attention, I'd have Randi cry on Scott's shoulders and see where it can go. I know this will have to be after Marissa is figured out or something.

• Members

In some cases, literally. ("No, Jenny, not THAT jet ski!")

Back in the day, AMC was good at pairing likable characters romantically. In fact, save for Erica, Palmer, Adam, and occasional villains such as Billy Clyde Tuggle, most of their characters were likeable! Still, they were supported by a writing team that knew how to make even non-threatening, non-flashy folks interesting. Scott Chandler, OTOH, has nothing in the way of personality and idiosyncracy (save for utter stupidity) that makes him "stand out" and be intriguing. He's just...there.

• Members

The only thing about Adam Mayfield that I find interesting is that darn blind item by Nelson Branco of him being extremeley well endowed but since I'm not ever about to actually see it on AMC, he is useless.

Oh, they are pass they hate phase, they bonded at the cottage and it's actually kept, they haven't been hating on each other since then.

• Members

Haha, that keeps going through my mind too. But one thing I like about him is that he looks like he could be related to Adam/Stuart. I know he isn't but Mayfield's jawline reminds me of DC's.

Scott's shown shades of gray perhaps he needs to be pushed a little further. Maybe bring on a "long lost" relative of Cindi's or his father who wants to capitalize on Scott's wealth, a psycho a la Billy Clyde Tuggle. Annie could be the one who sees through him and for once she's on the side of the angels but no one believes her because of her history.

I missed those scenes. Frankly I tired of JR/Annie quite some time ago. Damon/Liza fill my "forbidden" quota.

• Members

That's an interesting idea, only if it was a truly dynamic actor who'd inject some energy into Scott's overall sleepiness.

And hey, isn't Cindy's twin Karen still out there somewhere? I hear Ellen Wheeler's free. (*girds loins* :ph34r: )

• Members

IIRC, Scott's father, Fred Parker, who was also Mark Dalton's "drug buddy," died from AIDS-related complications. That's how Cindy learned she, too, had been afflicted with the disease. As SFK mentioned, however, Cindy's twin sister, Karen, is still out there, presumably alive and well. IIRC, too, Karen was arrested and convicted for kidnapping JR as an infant; but it's been quite awhile since that occurred, so it's entirely possible that she's since been paroled.

Let's say for the moment that Scott has (temporarily) won Annie away from JR, allowing him and Marissa to reunite. JR, however, is unhappy with the arrangement, and he wants Annie back all to himself. Pulling a page from his father, Adam's, notebook, JR tracks down Karen and persuades her to return to Pine Valley and break up Scott and Annie, citing Annie's past misdeeds and the fact that she somehow "owes" him for putting his life in jeopardy as a baby. Karen, meanwhile, is willing to do whatever it takes to make up for all the years she spent not looking after her sister's child (for a very important reason which will soon become clear).

Unfortunately, when she returns to Pine Valley, Karen becomes a reluctant participant in JR's latest scheme: to halt Scott and Annie's pending trip down the aisle by convincing Scott that he and Annie have resumed their affair. As Karen starts planting seeds of doubt in Scott's mind about Annie's loyalty, JR continuously finds ways for him and Annie to be alone together. Eventually, Karen and JR's tactics work: Scott accuses Annie of being untrustworthy, and Annie ends up back in JR's arms. However, Scott quickly realizes his mistake and begs Annie for another chance. Annie tells JR she wants to put their ONS behind them in order to make her and Scott's relationship work, but JR says that might be impossible, claiming someone (in fact, a tabloid photographer hired by JR) has taken photos of the two of them and is now blackmailing him with them.

Annie scrambles to protect her and Scott's relationship by insisting on moving up their wedding date, while Marissa begins suspecting Annie, JR and even Karen of hiding something from Scott. Several days before Scott and Annie's wedding, Marissa uncovers the photos and confronts JR. He admits to the indiscretion, but says it is all in the past (which it isn't) and begs her not to say anything for Chandler Enterprises' sake. However, on the day of the nuptials, Marissa overhears JR and Karen talking about the photos and realizes JR and Karen set Annie up. JR and Marissa's subsequent argument spills over into the actual ceremony; and JR and Annie's affair, as well as the part Karen played in it, is revealed to all. Scott walks out on Karen and Annie; Marissa walks out on JR. Later, Karen finds Scott in order to explain why she conspired with JR to break up him and Annie. Scott says he should have trusted his initial instincts and kept her at arm's length, knowing the trouble his aunt had stirred up the last time she was in Pine Valley. That's when Karen drops the second major bombshell on him: she isn't his aunt...she's his mother. Scott is shell-shocked as Karen relates to him the incredible story of how she and Cindy both got pregnant by drug-addicted Fred around the same time; and how she switched her baby (Scott) with Cindy's after Cindy's baby died shortly after birth. Karen says she switched the babies because even she realized she was "too screwed up" to raise him properly, and that she knew he'd have a fighting chance at life if Cindy were his mom instead. Karen hopes telling Scott her story will help him in some way. Instead, Scott brands her a liar and leaves her, and ultimately Pine Valley, again.

OTOH, Marissa, who goes to Krystal after walking out of Annie and Scott's aborted wedding, refuses to listen to anything JR has to say to her. Krystal wants only to protect her daughter, but against her better judgment, she gives into JR's demand that he and Marissa have a few minutes alone. With Krystal out of the room and out of earshot, JR tries persuading Marissa to reconcile with him, saying he realizes now what a mistake he'd made in trying to break up Scott and Annie. However, Marissa stands up for herself, saying she cannot stay with him w/ Annie always in the background, wondering whether he's with her (Marissa) b/c he loves her, or b/c he can't have Annie. Marissa tells him their relationship is over, but JR won't have any of that. JR moves toward her, but in her attempt to keep him away, Marissa falls and hits her head. Krystal, hearing the commotion, sees what has happened and immediately calls 9-1-1. Marissa is rushed to Pine Valley Hospital, where she shares some final moments with Krystal and David (who succeeds in blocking JR from seeing his daughter in the E.R.) before dying from her brain injury.

From there...

* When David fails to get JR charged with Marissa's death, he enlists Krystal's help in filing a wrongful-death civil lawsuit against his son-in-law. Ironically, the lawsuit serves as a catalyst for JR's ultimate reunion with Annie. David and Krystal win the lawsuit; however, the scandal surrounding JR and Annie's affair and Marissa's death deals a major blow to Chandler Enterprises, leaving it wide open for Skye to return and assume the reins of her adoptive father's empire. And Krystal, who is devastated by the emotional wedge this brings between her and JR, who vows to keep her away from A.J. at all costs, ends up leaving town (and Jenny w/ Tad) in order to distance herself from the very destructive and vengeful David.

* Despite the new stigma attached to her reputation, Karen remains in Pine Valley, using the training she received in her years away to become a registered nurse at the hospital, in the hopes that Scott will return. He does (played by a new actor, God willing), but it's clear almost from the beginning that something is very wrong with him; and Karen finds herself leaning on her new friendships w/ Jesse, Angie, Jake, Tad, Frankie and others as she helps her nephew son battle a crushing addiction to drugs.

• Members

If Karen would want to make it up to Scott for not being there when he was a kid, why would she try to destroy his relationship based on some sh!t told to her by JR, who she doesn't even know? I would figure she's out there at peace somewhere and would rather not get involved.

They seemed to have ignored everything Scott did in the late 90s when he was on the show. Aren't there some important factors from that stint that could be used today?

Archived