'Green Lantern' Costume Sparks Debate

Sylph

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You should go. I have always wanted to go but it is 3000 miles away. Comic-con is the premiere event of all events, with more stars giving detailed presentations than seems possible.

Anyway, Green Lantern is a cool concept, and if anyone has an hour or so they want to kill there was a great straight to DVD movie called New Frontier starring Green Lantern and all his costumed pals in a story along the lines of what if these people existed in a world where everything looked 50s modern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nF-Jcr378E

• Members

When he used to live in Van still--I think his only "claim to fame" was that Pizza Place sitcom, he was known to come over here to Victoria to "party" a lot--I had a friend who worked at one bar and she had horror stories about him coming and getting drunk, hitting on the servers, basically throwing his fame around--and they're by no means the only such stories I've heard about them. Maybe it's unfair, but largely because of that I've never really liked him--and yes he does come off as smug IMHO. And, I think he's miscast (though to be fair I largely think of Green lantern as fairly mature and Black thanks to the Justice League cartoons from 10 or so years back--I don't know thecomics too well but I know there have been several different Green Lanterns...But as Carl says, Hal Jordan really doesn't seem to fit his image)

And New Frontier is pretty great--it was done by Bruce Timm who has done the best superhero cartoons ever since the 90s Batmans, including the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited shows.

• Members

I was thinking of you Eric, your *favorite person* Mr. Reynolds. :lol: To me, he'll always be geeky, corny little Billy from Fifteen:

ryanreynolds_billy.jpg

AND he's with Scarlett Johansson which makes them perhaps the most smug, self-satisfied couple in Hollywood.

• Members

Ugh, I once was actually a big Scarlett fan. What happened? Not that I was much more of a fan of his past fiancee, Alanis "Thank you India" Morisette.

You mentioned Fifteen (Hillside in Canada) before and I watched some of it online--I prob woulda lapped it up when it aired (I was 10-12)--I mean I loved Swan's Crossing, but somehow missed it even though it was Canadian.

• Members

To this day, Fifteen/Hillside confuses me. At the end of every episode, they'd say, "Fifteen is taped at Nickelodeon studios in Orlando, Florida" yet it never made sense to me that a Canadian show with obviously Canadian talent (oh how we Americans made fun of the 'aboots') would move production all the way down to FL when taping was already inexpensive in Canada, and the show didn't "feel" like a Nick show as much as a repackaged Canadian show. At any rate, it was a totally cheesy and absolutely entertaining Sunday afternoon show. Not as smart yet soapier than Degrassi, not as bubblegum/Beverly Hills Teens as Swan's Crossing (i.e., a character living in a submarine, a girl with a fireplace that swung around a la Batgirl to reveal a fireplace :lol: ).

• Members

Ugh they still show those promos endlessly here,, "BC The Best Place On Earth"--umm why are you airing these promos in BC?

SFK great call on the Swan's Crossing,Beverly Hill Teens comparison (man I loved that cartoon). So it was filmed in Orlando? Brrmmm I had no idea. Bizarre, I know some of the cast was American but that's standard for Canadian shows...

Archived