June 28 - July 2, 2010

Toups

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ICAM! AMC has been great lately and it's nice to see the ratings rise in all the demos.

It's been so long since I watched OLTL regularly that I really don't care when it gets canceled or how low it sinks. Imo, it's gotten higher ratings than it deserved for the last 10 years!

• Members

Agreed--ATWT is still very much in the game ratings wise. All shows move up and down in the ratings from year to year and World Turns happened to hit a rough patch. This is the third week in a row that ATWT has made year to date gains and the show certainly has the potential to keep moving up. CBS sees that the genre is almost dead and wants OUT; otherwise, the network would have demanded PGP replace Goutman and Pissy last year.

What bothers me is that ATWT can not hold onto the Y&R/B&B lead. It is as if viewers flip off the TV after Bold and refuse to sample World. I'm pretty sure that this explains the cancellation.

I think ATWT will be up to a 1.8 soon as gains continue. The show has actually been good as of late with lots of vets, returns, and decent writing. I would have to guess that Lucky Gold has taken over a lot of the writing because the show feels very different than under DK's pen. Kudos to Lucky Gold, guy is a good writer.

Archived