DAYS: Discussion for the month of July

• Members

That Jen/Vivian scene was fantastic. I enjoyed Maggie vs Vivian, too, but the scene with Jennifer was terrific. Not a lot of regimes would've taken the time for that, and it was so precise and actually referenced relevant history. Loved it.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's Dena Higley's take on the whole Princess Gina debacle if she wrote it.

I wish the writers would give Hope DID, instead of hiding behind sleeping pills and computer chips, and whatever other reason they've thrown at us to explain why she's acting so weird.

• Members

Actually, Victor was on the show when Mickey and Maggie were still fairly relevant. Victor came to the show in 1984 or 1985. Mickey&Maggie got back burnered in mid-91 when Maggie's affair with Neil abruptly ended and Sarah and Melissa abruptly left town. This was at a pivotal time in the show--Bo&Carly were heating up big time (and finally winning acceptance after being pushed way too quickly after Hope's death), Jack and Jen had just gotten married, Shane/Kayla was the ingenious idea of the day and (most importantly) RealRoman and Marlena had just returned.

Maggie and Bill would appall me on countless levels. Actually, I think Bill should have been killed off years ago. I haven't watched in awhile, but I'm guessing that Mike's relationship to Mickey wasn't referenced, not even when Mickey died. The decision to stop treating Mike as Mickey's son came very late, under Reilly. Mike learned his paternity in 1975. He considered Mickey his father as late as 1990 when Michael T Weiss left the show. That's 15 years, real time, god knows how long, Salem time. But Mike always called Mickey dad and had a strained relationship with Bill, who he barely liked. And Melissa and Mike always treated each other, and identified one another, as brother and sister. (Including during a major story involving Melissa and Jack).

The show kind of toyed with a Maggie/Victor type relationship in 1990, when Victor and Julie had a flirtation. She and Doug were separated at the time. Ultimately, he chose Carly over her. I'm not sure if it is acknowledged today, but Victor was obsessed with Carly (with absolutely no encouragement on her part) and even tried to kill Bo when she chose him over her.

Steve

• Members

I'm not 100% loving this story but I get why Hope has become what she has (well, at night anyway). NT Hope is not a creation of the pills. It's a creation of her pent up emotions, which are all very negative (anger, resentment, jealously, etc). The pills make her vulnerable and put her in a state that allows NT Hope to happen. It's almost like when your a good person who is sort of a pushover and you dream of things you would never do to someone your really upset with only the pills cause Hope to live out these kind of dreams as NT Hope. That is why she is always tired. She doesn't sleep. She thinks she is sleeping but she is basically living out what she would be dreaming as she sleeps. Early on she had nightmares about her nighttime exploits and believed they were nothing but nightmares but they weren't. Everyone has a dark side and Hope's has been enhanced by everything she has been through and is being brought out by the pills. It's similar to the "Queen of the Night" story with Marlena and Stefano in 1994, at least to me.

The one thing we heard Hope mention numerous times, especially before this NT Hope story started, was how she felt she wasn't in control of her life...or anything for that matter. Bo and Hope argued about that during the Ciara mess too. Bo has always taken charge and control of everything, making decisions on what is best without asking her. He's done that since they met in the early 80's. He has always kept things from her to protect her or done things without her knowledge. He did during the Zack story and the psychic crap too. He did it again during the Ciara kidnapping story as well and that is what led to their breakup. Hope didn't feel like they were sharing in everything and, obviously, honesty has been a problem too for them. Hope told Justin back in January that she felt her life was out of her control too. She was so upset that she gave up too easily. She didn't know how to help her daughter or save her marriage at that point. She lost her uncle. She was losing everything and still is. She just lost Alice. I really hope the show uses Alice's death in this story too because it can actually lead to pushing Hope further over the edge.

Like I said, I think it makes sense. The show set up the foundation for this story as far as Hope goes. They just haven't provided enough scenes in between to remind viewers of how we arrived at this point. I think we will get those now that the show doesn't feel held back by Alice's funeral and that we are getting into the real meat of this Hope story. It all could've been presented better but alot of things between March-May should've been done better. Hell, alot of things in June should've been better. Hopefully, things continue to improve. I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, which is a good thing.

Oh, and I should add (and I mentioned this at the start of this story on another board) that sleeping pills can screw with people, probably more than many think (unless you know someone who has personally experienced issues. My grandmother had a very bad reaction to them when she was in a nursing home before she passed away. She got really aggressive, something she never was, and even started to become violent. The nursing coordinator later told us that certain sleeping pills can cause extreme reactions like that and make a person do things they don't remember later on because they think they were "sleeping." I've heard of other cases too. I'm not at all suggesting that someone could do what Hope does all the time but I wouldn't say it's implausible. I definitely don't find it outrageous. This is the same soap that had demonic possession, buried alive, brain chips, etc so there you go LOL.

• Members

Wow PhoenixRising, after reading your post I have changed my thoughts on this NT Hope storyline a bit. I'm hoping your view is right, and this is somewhat whats going through the writers heads, cause if not I just don't know....it will be crap to me, LOL. One thing I am liking about the NT Hope storyline no matter what, is that it's allowing KA more screen time, and I just love how we are seeing this kick arse, no holds barred side of Hope. I really dig it. DT Hope right now is just everything I don't want Hope to be. I like how NT Hope is friendly with Carly, and wants to forget the past. Why can't Daytime Hope do that to?? LOL. It would be so much better, and would make her much more stronger. I think we've had enough of Hope and Carly's snarky fights, and long stares at each other. Hope should make nice with the woman who is with the man she wants back. Right now, DT Hope is a sappy, annoying, hopeless woman IMHO, lol. And I hate it, because I used to love Hope. She needs to get herself straight. But I guess we will see what happens, I mean who knows. Hopefuly, DAYS starts to unravel this more as the weeks go by. It has been months, and still no one except for Dr. Baker knows about NT Hope. How ridiculous.

I am so glad that Police Officer broke up the fight between Will and Chad because it was beginning to become unbearable, LOL!! Those were some grueling scenes, imo. Just wow. Glad those two calmed down, and didn't totally shut each other out after.

LOL @ Nicole framing the guy who EJ tailed on her. I was LOL when she started screaming bloody murder out of nowhere just to get that guy in trouble. Good job, Nicole.

Loved Sami and Nicoles conversation at The Brady Pub. Sami turned her biotch on and didn't stop, she wasn't playing any games at all with Nicole, LOL. I also want to say STFU Caroline, ugh what is DAYS doing to her she is turning into quite the biotch these days and I am NOT liking it! I wish she would go back to being the frail, quiet, go to woman when someone is in need of a pep talk.

• Members

Wow, big score for Nicole finding out about what EJ did. I am so glad that she found out, finally she has some leverage against him. I'm interested in seeing how this all turns out.

I was so disappointed when EJ didn't stay at the lake when Sami asked him to! Total bummer right there! He should have STAYED!! He didn't have to be at the DiMera Mansion!! angry.gif Nicole could have found out some other way, and what Stefano had to say could have waited. Whatever.

Baby Sydney is so adorable, and DAYS gets the best reaction shots out of her and uses them to their advantage. I was LOL when EJ walked away with his shirt off and Sami was looking straight at him, and Sydney was looking at Sami like she knew exactly what was going onl! To funny.

Also, when Sami took out that Chex Mix...LOL. That seemed like the most natural product placement scene yet, though. It was cute. LOL @ EJ not knowing what Chex Mix was.

Nadia Bjorlin was horrid today ph34r.gif glad Chloe found out about what Vivian did, but wow............

• Administrator

I'm glad Nicole found out too and I'm happy something finally happened in this storyline that could make it interesting!

Aw, poor Nicole finding the sonogram.

Vivian calling Chloe and insipid twit with big breast who has no backbone, was hilarious.

Archived