DAYS: Discussion for the month of July

• Members

I can see why you aren't in favor of Maggie & Victor because they aren't similar types...but that's what I love. Mickey and Maggie were an old school supercouple, but DAMN did they ever get boring since they were two wholesome, lovely people (aside from the fabulous Drunk Maggie!). Maggie has an edge to her, not often exploited, but it's there and if the writers ever bothered to remember it (ie: from 1980-2008) perhaps things would have been different.

I am totally behind Maggie & Victor. They're two characters who are exploring one another, having never been each others orbit before.

Kate & Stefano are magic and that relationship started out as a business deal, Maggie & Victor as So. Much. Promise! Melanie as Maggie's faux daughter, mixing it up with Victor's son Phillip. There is plenty of conflict and story to be mined from it!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maggie is not this sweet wholesome innocent woman. It would make since, true, i guess. But she would just be trying to replace Mickey. Maggie was also with Don and Niel, you have to remember that too. Granted both were pretty much good guys, but still, Mickey isnt her one and only. Furthermore, her and Bill is just SO WRONG all around. Maggie would never go with Mickeys brother, Laura she is not.

I dont understand why it even needs to be justified to you tho, because people fall for people. you dont control it. Maggie and Victor have become friends slowly. She has called him out on his [!@#$%^&*] but he has been there for her. Melanie/Philip is what brought them together and through his relationship with his family she has seen this other side of him she has never seen before.

Maggie is not the next Alice Horton. Maggie is taking over that kind of role, sure, but she isnt Alice. She isnt perfect and innocent. She never has been or will be. What makes Maggie so intersting is that she is complex. There is a lot more to her than being grandma. Actually, that was true for Alice too. Alice who broke the law, lied, schemed, did what needed to be done to get the end result she needed. I dont see why Maggir falling in love with her friend Victor would stop her from becoming an Alice like role.

Exactly.

I cant wait to see how Philip cheating on Melanie affects maggie/victor.

Also, i am so glad the show isnt (so far) selling this Chloe & Philip are the great loves of eachothers lives i expected. They were highschool sweethearts. It didnt work out. They moved on. I am so sick of soaps obsession with ur first love being your only true love.

• Members

ITA..... I think Maggie and Mickey only stayed "together" as long as they did because they were both on the shelf. Mickey was dull as dishwater, but Maggie herself has fire in her soul and isn't afraid to get out there and do what needs to be done. As for Victor, he IS that teddy bear they talk about as well as the ruthless villain of the past. I think they bring out parts of the others' personality that have long been dormant. All they have done thus far is held hands and flirted with each other, but WOW the sparks they are bringing to the table. For me one of the things that makes them interesting is that they do appear on the surface to be so different - and I'm sure all of their friends and families will be doing a huge WTF - but the honesty and challenge they've already shown tells me their similarities are also going to be many.... starting with love of family and a great ability to laugh at life.

• Members

Maggie and Victor could work if the writing was there and all the beats were played.Keep in mind that Maggie fell for Don just months after Mickey's 'death' and was attracted to Neil while still married,after knowing him for years. So Maggie's romantic choices weren't always the wisest.

I don't object to Maggie/Bill.He and Laura have not been together for years.In fact when Laura was written out in 1980,I thought it would have been a good story for Maggie to support Bill and have them be attracted to one another.Imagine Mickey's reaction finding out his brother was again involved with his wife.

Maggie/Bill/Victor could be a great story.

I agree that Alice's death could be the thing that brings the Horton's back into the story.It would be great if Marie.Melissa ,Jennifer,Bill etc were back on screen even as recurring or in short arc stories.

• Members

I am watching and I am starting to believe this fantasy about Chad and Will myself! :lol:

The look Chad just shot Will while Will helped the girl off with her top...if you watched this entire episode with the sound off you would come away with a completely different story than the one the show is trying to tell.

• Members

Ew. Don't tell me we are getting a Will/Gabby/Chad triangle. :(

It's bad enough they aren't going to get together, but could they at least be fighting over a girl that's you know... NOT BORING AS [!@#$%^&*]!

This teen set sucks, all of their scenes are just so flat and sleep inducing.

• Members

Felisha Terrel played the original Ari.

Nicole set her up with Dr. Baker's help.

Dr. Baker drugged Brady, and once Nicole found out she was furious.

I cant give a good reason why he drugged Brady, mainly because I dont remember. lol

• Members

Felicia Terrell used to play Arianna. I liked her as Ari, and loved her with Brady. Ever since Lindsay Hartley joined and morphed Arianna into Theresa, I just haven't cared about her. I do like her with EJ, though.

Dr. Baker was the one who drugged Brady. Well actually, Dr. Baker got someone else to do it, Brady was in the room playing cards, and he was trying to steal something in the process, and Dr. Baker got one of the guys playing with him to drug him so that Brady wouldn't see and recognize Dr. Baker. No one except for Nicole knows that Dr. B is alive, and also Nighttime Hope knows he's alive, but she never met Dr. B before until now.

• Members

I just cannot believe this rolleyes.gif no one wants to see Chad and Will fighting for that bore. I haven't even seen it yet and i already know it's going to be boring. Hopefully, someone at DAYS catches wind of how much chem Will and Chad emit on screen, and do something about it smile.gif .

• Members

LOL.... I can see it now from Sami "I did this.... I made my son gay. I didn't give him a good example of a healthy relationship...." (She's not the most socially progressive thing on the planet)

Archived