DAYS: Discussion for the month of July

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I first fell in love with Days when it was Maggie and Don 30 years ago. Now I see Maggie and Victor and I want to see where this leads. I don't think I've been this excited about Maggie since she went back to Mickey, and Victor has never interested me. This falls 5 years on the heals of Tracy and Luke - two other characters I watched for 30 years who did nothing for me until they were paired. What is it about Daytime's missing the boat for so many couples but making it magic for those North of 60???

• Administrator

I'm really against Maggie/Victor romantically. I just don't see Maggie being with a villain, a murderer, a ruthless man like Victor. It just rings false to me. I'd rather go for maybe Maggie/Bill - I loved their scene in Maggie's kitchen. If you bring back Laura, you can go Maggie/Bill/Laura for an all Horton triangle that involves long lasting friendships and close family members - it creates a family conflict. Bill and Maggie can grow closer as they help each other deal with the loss of Alice and Mickey. Bill, a doctor, can help Maggie deal with her disease. And as they grow closer, when they realize that there could be something romantic there, they resist it.

Also, the show wasted a great opportunity which Alice's death to 1) rejuvante the Horton family, 2) create long term story (at least a year) for a lot of characters.

I feel like Alice's death had no impact, storyline wise, on the lives of these characters - I know it's still early, but I'm just sensing that. Just two quick ideas: There was a scene with Bill/Nathan (and I assume Mike was going to be there but Roark couldn't make it) that would've had 3 generations of Horton doctors together. So maybe, Will enters and he sits down at the table, and Bill or Mike can tell another Alice story that was about being a doctor. And that's gets Will to start thinking of wanting to be a doctor, like his family members. So then Will starts volunteering at the hospital and meets a candy striper (who is a bit rebellious but is generally a good person; her parents are making her volunteer at the hospital as punishment for something she did) and that's the beginning of a young love story. You can also create a Will/Nathan brother-like bond, who Will seeks advice from. And of course my second idea was Bill/Maggie. That's just two. Another one would be bringing back Sarah Horton who can mix it up with either the Ari/Brady/Nicole/EJ/Sami/Rafe crow or Nathan/Steph/Philip/Melanie crowd and be there for Maggie.

I have another idea that could last about a year or two. It involves Vivian/Carly/Dan/Chloe/Phillip and Dan's dead wife. When the secret comes out about the affair and that Phillip is the father of Chloe's baby, that breaks Dan/Chloe and Philip/Melanie up for good. Phillp/Chloe naturally spend time together because of the baby and they start to have feelings for each other again. So after they have baby, Chloe's leukemia comes back and she dies - and you play all the beats of this storyline, Craig/Nancy come back (short term) and Philip marries a very sick Chloe in the hospital chapel. I also have this scene where Phillip goes to Victor and they have this emotional scene where Philip asks Victor to do everything he can to save her "You're the most powerful man I know.....I've always believed you can do anything....help me, father." Then the next storyline for Philip is he reverts to his bad side, he's upset that Chloe is dead, the mother of his child is dead. So he goes to find Pocket and wants him back. He wants to rip Pocket away from his adoptive parents.

Also for Chloe's death, use that for Brady/Nicole....Brady's her ex-husband, Nicole's her friend. They would have lots of scenes together, comforting each other. Ari would become the villainess (love Lindsey playing the bitch/evil one and it would have her not playing Theresa-lite).

For Carly/Dan, she helps him with the breakup.....they work closely at the hospital together. They deal with a case (I don't know what yet) that brings them closer. They start to have an affair, they start to fall in love with each other. Just as this is happening, Vivian brings back Dan's dead wife Rebecca(?) who of course is not really Rebecca. Of course fake Rebecca falls in love with Daniel and turns on Vivian. She kidnaps Vivan and Carly and puts them together. I also have to include Bo/Hope intro this group but I haven't that out yet. I need think more about this storyline.

Anyway....that was fun. I so want to write for this show. LOL

• Members

Toups I think everything you wrote regarding Chloe/Philip should happen, except for Chloe dying!! I think maybe you could write around that, and do everything the same, except for the little tidbit of Chloe dying....Nicole and Brady could be brought closer during the whole ordeal of Chloe's cancer coming back. Love the idea of bringing back Chloes parents, Phloe getting married at the hospital, the Philip/Victor scene. I think all that could happen without Chloe dying. I am still a sucker for this character LOL, I want to see Chloe and Philip happy together in the end and raising their baby smile.gif

I like Daniel/Carly getting closer, but I don't know, at the end of the day I just don't care about Daniel that much and probably wouldn't care about his ex wife coming back fake, or... I just think he should be the one that dies, lol.

• Members

Maggie would go for Victor far before she would ever go for Bill. Bill/Maggie would be... no. Just no. Although i did love their scene together.

I would agree avout Victor & Maggie, IF she hadnt seen this other side of him. She sees his human side, his emotionas, his feelings, etc. That is the man she is friends with. And she isnt ignoring his flaws. She knows who he is and what he has done, but she has overlooked those and found the good in him like she does for everyone. She also sees that he is no longer who he was. He is not a ruthless man anymore, he has changed and softened a bit over the years. Pairing them together would be the best move the show has made in years and would be great for everyone involved. Bo, Hope, Melanie, Philip, Vivian, Kate, Carly, etc... everyone would be shocked and prob against it. They also could easily create tension down the line by the things victor has done in the name of buisness and Maggie not liking it and saying she thought he was done with all of that.

• Administrator

It's just unsettling to me that a person like Maggie would go for someone like Victor. With Caroline I understand because she knew Victor before he became ruthless Victor (I think....that's their history right?) and they share a son together. With Kate, I understand. With Vivian, I understand. They can never justify Maggie/Victor with me. I guess if they go with this, it'll be just another thing I hate about this show.

Maggie was with Mickey for such a long time, it would make more sense if she was attracted someone like him - who is a good person, who is not a ruthless, nasty, mean, cynical, old man who treats a lot of women like trash.

Shouldn't mean it should turn into romance.

Not true. Just last year he was in a turf battle with Stefano, and he still involved in illegal business. I just can't, and don't want to see Maggie with someone like that. Maggie is the next Alice Horton and should never be paired up, romantically, with the likes of Victor Kiriakis - who's next, Stefano DiMera? Come on.

• Administrator

Chloe has to die! LOL Chloe's death propels Philip to the dark side. Also, we get some really awesome, emotional scenes, by telling a realistic, romantic, tragic story. I know Philip got a "new face" but we can forget that, and we can show flashbacks of their time together from 10 years ago.

I hate Daniel too. But I just love doppelgangers stories. :) BTW, how did Rebecca die, was it cancer?

Archived