AMC: Wednesday June 30, 2010

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He really doesn't, and that's sad because I've always liked him as an actor. I hope over the next couple of months, he can fit in more with the Pine Valley crew, but we shall see.

I didn't like a lotta things in regards to that story today, either. Opal deciding within minutes of meeting Caleb that he's "just like Palmer" and that that's what her Palmer hallucination ('cause that's what we're calling 'em now) meant by "I'm coming back" was too pushy for me. Let me see for myself that Caleb's like Palmer. He kinda is a little like Palmer, but at this point, the only person I think of when he's on is Dan "Grizzly Adams" Haggerty.

• Members

This character, and this actress, was a bust from day one for me. She is laughable in this role and she can't compete with a heavy hitter like Annie. Get rid of her already.

I can't stand Grizzly Adams. I don't buy for a moment that Palmer would leave this guy his company, that he would expect Erica to run an Electronics business (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ) or that he is the ONLY person Palmer trusted. Give me a break.

The stuff with Erica is juvenille and so unbelieavable that it is laughable. Maybe that's what they meant when they said it would be comedy :lol: They have no chemistry at all and ITA with you guys who said MN has no chemistry with anyone.

• Members

Well, honestly, I would question why a man who lived in the mountains of West Virginia just instantly clicked with everyone on the canvas in Pine Valley. The whole concept is that, as a hermit, he's supposed to be awkward and ill-fitting with the Valleyites. He doesn't want to be there. He doesn't want the castle with servants. He doesn't want the electronics corporation. So far, I think Nouri's playing it the way the character is supposed to come across. And this is my opinion as a person who never heard of this actor before and has zero stake in ANY of Erica's romances. He can go away, he can stay. Makes no difference to me.

As for using Opal (I wrote Oprah! LMAO!) to TELL the audience what we're supposed to think of Caleb, well... I've said it before, and I'll say it again. One of the main problems I'm having with this writing regime is that we're being TOLD who these characters are and what to think of them.

• Members

I agree wholeheartedly that AMC needs to re-cast Marissa. A brunette or redhead Alexa Havins would be awesome, but she's very pregnant at the moment. Maybe Alexis Thorpe(ex-Cassie, DAYS), Heather Lindell(ex-Jan, DAYS) or Melissa Fumero(ex-Adriana, OLTL) woud be good in the role. I think AMC should have had Michael Nouri's Caleb Ross Chandler, it would've been better than an instant nephew and think that Nouri probably should be re-cast also. A soap vet would be good in the role, maybe someone from ATWT or GL or a primetime soap.

• Members

I actually don't have a problem with Brittany Allen. Yes, she's playing this character dull as dishwater, but with stuff like "boring little mouse" and "pink flannel love" being thrown around, it's becoming to clear to me that that's how she's supposed to be. Dull, boring, "carpooler" mom. Today, when she invited AJ and herself to go with JR to that place where he and Annie are gonna make sweet, passionate love several times cabin, you could just feel that suffocating vibe. So afraid of losing him, so desperate to keep him, she wants to have her eyes on him at all times because any minute spent with him could be the one where she gets him to forget about Annie forever.

Marissa's a total fool, but I think BA's doing a good job at playing her that way.

• Members

Why was Krystal acting like she just had to be a Palmers will reading? It was so important for her to be there, that if Marissa didn't have anything important to talk about, she could wait? Uhm, sorry KWAK, but just because Palmer kissed you ONCE a couple years ago, doesn't mean you need to be at his will reading that bad. That is why your name wasn't mentioned once in there, lol. I like Krystal, but I thought that was pathetic how she was acting like it was so necessary to be there, and more important than her daughter.

I think Caleb is hilarious!! I am looking forward to more of him in PV

JR/Annie in the elevator, wow. JR was telling Annie about how he fights temptation, uhm yeah maybe you can fight off the temptation to drink alcohol but you have shown more than once that you can't fight off the temptations with Annie, LOL so... I didn't get the point of that. Maybe I misunderstood. But the scenes were hot and Jacob Young is such a great Actor. Across from MCE he is even better. Love these two together.

I understand what your saying.

• Members

Do you blame her? Would you want to be stuck spending the entire afternoon shopping with Marissa? Im sure Krystal was not trying to deal with that type of boredom especially with all the drama she was facing with Caleb and Erica. That will reading defiently was alot juicier than dealing with that dishrag daughter of hers. lol

• Members

I only think just recently has the show capitalized on this.... yes the writing is being slanted to portray her as this weak, plain, flannel wearing housewife compared to the hot, sexy exciting Annie. Its the stuff triangles are made of (in theory). I personally think Brittany Allen hasn't brought anything substantial acting wise since she got here. She may now be acting out scripts portraying her as the boring housewife.... but IMO it just hides what limited capabilities she has. I appreciate you sticking up for her, its just...she can't play mean, she can't play sexy... she comes off as a fool right along with Marissa.

• Members

They very well could be. I hope the story spells her eventual end. I figured they'd turn her psycho.... I mean look who this girl's parents are. Dr. David Hayward and Krystal "I'll blow any man to fudge DNA results out of love for my daughter" Carey.

• Members

at this point I think it works. Its so funny bc for the last year everyone on the boarsd has been talking about how boring and bland she is and now characters on the show are commenting on just that as well. I love it whenever someone mentions how bland she is bc its so true. At this point its at least fun to watch Annie mess with her bc Marissa is so out of her league. She does look like a fool

I think so especially with all the lines about her being boring lately.

• Members

Yep. Its an ABC thing (must be).... because this has been the way the better part of the past 10 years.... I'd say propping, but..... :ph34r:

P.S not sure if I've said it (I know other's have), but your banner is HOT!

Archived