AMC: Wednesday June 30, 2010

• Members

I agree with that.

I don't have a strong hatred for Marissa as some seem to have... for the simple fact that she isn't that important. She doesn't really affect any story or character. She's kind of an afterthought. It's always "what about Marissa?" after the fact. I don't even dislike Brittney Allen. I just don't think she's an actress with a commanding presence. I think she performs what's written and acts as directed. I don't find her adding anything special to the role. When everyone was talking about that actress playing Trent's widow being a more suitable replacement for the Marissa character... I had to say, um... she gives off the same bland vibe. Marginal.

I've always said that they went the wrong way with Marissa. If you're going to have twin daughters and have one (Babe) modeled after the whore of a mother, then you should have the other modeled after the devious father. It would've been interesting to see Marissa reject all things Krystal and have her embrace all things David. One, that would create an ally for David. Two, that would create a suitable female villain for the younger set. Wouldn't it have been great if Marissa latched on to JR to use him for his Chandler name and money -- playing off her Babe connection? That would've been more interesting than some strange woman coming to town and just so happening to fall madly in love with her dead twin sister's husband... for no real reason.

I want BA to succeed... but she's not BRINGING anything to the table.

Oh, and NO to Alexa Havins back as Marissa recast. That woman has problems separating reality from fiction.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Believe me. I know. Especially on General Hospital, currently. However, on AMC, it hasn't been this, shall I say, OBVIOUS, since McTavish. For instance, Jonathan telling Annie "YOU AND RYAN BELONG TOGETHER! YOU'RE THE PERFECT COUPLE!"

Um... really? We see how that turned out. Ryan and Annie had no sparks, but yet, they were madly in loved -- and got MARRIED -- only to have Annie pushed aside for Greenlee... fulfilling the purpose for Annie's creation: A Greenlee Placeholder.

Thank you. :)

• Members

It's not about temptation, it's about going back to that park scene when she told him he's a coward and how he can't be real w/ her. He let her into his world, something so personal that he never tells anyone. When he said you think you know me was the kicker to that scene. Annie's reaction was a deep one, she never would expect him to tell her that.

BTW LMAO, you guys are too much w/ this. :lol:

• Members

Although she's very thin and curveless, I don't think Marissa looks bad in her slinky little outfit. She's no Mary Ann getting knocked in the head with a coconut and dressing up like Ginger, but she's passable. You know, kinda like :ph34r: :

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

This really frustrates me, AMC should have done this from the start. NOW they are trying to do it, and it's just not working. To much has happened with her this past year thats opposite of that, to make it fully happen I think.

ETA: Sorry for 3 posts in a row, guys. Was expecting these to stack up. Guess not LOL

• Members

I'm curious, are we supposed to be rooting for Marissa? Goodness knows I don't want the show beating me over the head with the madonna/whore crap anymore than they already have but I just don't care about her.

Frankie taking that picture of him and Annie at the hospital was a funny moment. He is his father's son.

Erica describing Bianca to Caleb: "That is my GAY, MARRIED daughter." Hee!

• Members

Krystal is annoying. She had no business being at that will reading.

"My manicurist could do it better." Erica to Caleb regarding his inability to run Cortlandt Electronics. :lol:

Marissa is DESPERATE. I'm embarrassed for her.

It's great that the writers remembered that there is a connection between the Greys and Cortlandts via Sam. I totally forgot about that.

• Members

That's great! That means they have no integrity, if they're willing to sell a castle that's been in their family for generations, depriving any children of their own to enjoy it and pass it on to their children.

Family legacy, schmegacy. Fork over the cash.

Nice. <_<

Archived