Actor Exits OLTL !

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Goodbye to Susan Haskell.

Now I guess we will likely see final confirmation of what I've thought for ages now -- it's not Cole that makes Starr boring, it's KA's own performances and the show's complete inability to write for interesting young female characters. That and Todd choking the life out of her character.

I won't miss Cole if he goes but he at least had some roots in the show. Now it's just more relatives for Ford/BroFord/CreeperNate.

• Members

No great loss. If Kristen Alderson was heading out the door with him, it would be prefect.

I don't get the losing weight part. TPTB asked him to lose weight? I have no problem with that. I would say about half of the men on the ABC soaps are sloppy and out of shape. They need to lose weight and hit the gym. The female actresses would never get away with gaining a pound.

• Members

It is. It kills me when white men gripe about being held to remotely the same standards as everyone else. Buddy is offended that TPTB want him to lose weight? Someone tell him about what Y&R did to Adrianne Leon who is now pencil thin on GH. Buddy better wake the hell up. He is an industry where looks are all that matters, then again he would be welcome on GH and AMC where ABC"s the puffy flabby male actors reside.

• Members

But isn't that just it? If we can say injustice when Adrienne Leon is wrongfully terminated at Y&R after she "just so happens" to gain weight (which I believe it had everything to do with them ditching her, especially considering the replacement), isn't it also injustice when an actor feels like he's let "he fans" down by gaining weight? It's one double standard for another.

• Members

No. I have made jokes here and there about his weight, but he wasn't letting me down by being a little big. And it isn't even comparable to what happened to Adrienne Leon because he didnt lose his job over it. He was safe at OLTL,but had he been a female it would have been shape up or ship out.

Archived