OLTL: Discussion for the week June 14

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice little income for the Tilford household ^_^ but you know who I thought would have been good? I'm forgetting her name, but remember when Greg and them were going on those double dates? The woman they had Greg with, about one scene in I thought to myself, "They should have saved her for Evangeline." I mean, it's a soap, it's never too late...

• Members

The last thing this show needs is another new face. Leave Vang where she is and start writing for the actors they DO have. The only way Evangeline coming back makes sense is FL's Tea is leaving. Otherwise, it's just one more actress/character in the 30-40 year old age group that the show won't/can't write for.

• Members

I'd rather we have a new face in an old role, than continue to bring on Ford's family, who I have absolutely no interest in. I thought I was going to like the James story, but I was majorly disappointed when I found out why he stole the money. This show is just hollow and empty, hopefully they use the money from

• Members

I agree with you on the "new face old role" over a new character and that they need more male characters on this show to help balance it out but as long as it is not at the expense of current characters/actors on the show. OLTL has a very talented and engaging cast, why they have now chosen to not write for all of them baffles me. I almost have to wonder who is writing this show because it does not feel like RC's writing to me. When he came on and for a good 2 years after the show had more intelligence and energy then this **** we're watching now. If RC is writing this, than he truly is burnt out and needs to be replaced asap.

• Members

I'm also for Joey and Kevin coming back, their storylines haven't always been hits, but I've enjoyed them when they were well-cast and their lives maintained a lot of interaction with their mother. I enjoy the dynamic of Viki and her boys. The same for Jessica before she got to the point now where I almost can't stand her (what a shame -_- ). If BW ever decided to take a breather (and that may be coming, she's expecting, right?) I really wouldn't mind if Jess was off the canvas for a few months. I think that would be good for the character and for the audience's relationship with the character, we could afford to get to the point where we actually miss her a little (snarky comments about "missing her for years now" aside). What I would have really loved is if Kevin had come back when Rachel was still in town, but I guess you can't keep time in a bottle. I have to accept that the OLTL I wish the show still was will never be again. Dommage.

• Members

Evangeline couldn't practice law to save her damn life. Even on her worst day, dying of a brain tumor which inhibits her mental faculties, Tea is a better lawyer.

I'd be far more welcoming of the character if she exhibited an actual personality beyond bland sanctimony this time, and if there were other black women in her age range on the show besides her sister. A little Rachel went a long way for my morale. AFAIC she and Evangeline were polar opposites.

Archived