OLTL: Discussion for the week June 14

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I added that comment about Nate's sweater before John asked Hannah about the blue sweater fibres. Is this some kind of clue, or red herring? :unsure:

It's nice to mention Addie but it's even nicer to actually show her. :blush:

Kelly's elbow to Ford! Yes! :lol:

And here we go with the history of the Ford family. :rolleyes:

(I need to lay off the emoticons.)

• Members

I know, right? But obviously in the world of daytime good and upstanding is boring and ultimately leads to psycho breakdown a la Powell. Every male must begin as dark/tortured/mysterious/brooding/complicated/broken, then lady love *fixes* him, if only for a little while. Cuz, y'know, all chicks dig that.

• Members

These days it seems like they don't even bother with the men being *fixed*. The more Todd, John, Rex, Ford, etc. act like scum, the more we are supposed to swoon, or see them as the true victims. There's always some woman to blame.

• Members

Uh, it sounds like MR. Ford was to blame for Ford and James becoming who they were today. Not their absentee mom. At least, in terms of direct influence. People need to lay off the "women are written as men's lapdogs" crap. I mean, Matthew didn't even have sex with the hooker and people are STILL saying there's a double standard because he was "cool" for having done it. I doubt many people would have thought it was cool and the writers knew that and didn't have him do it. I don't think many people thought Starr was cool for having sex with her boyfriend without protection either. It's pretty equal in my eyes.

Sorry, mini rant over. lol

Archived